Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Step-by-Step Collage

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a picture I'd seen that inspired me to want to make a collage, a manicure, and a painting. In case you don't care to glance back at it in my past blog, here it is again:
.  isn't it purdy? .
I already posted the pic of the nail polish look it inspired... here it is again:
.  there was even another hand to go along with this!  .
Over the last couple of weeks I've been slowly putting together the collage, which I thiiiiink is finished now. I thought it was finished at one point, but then went in to add a couple more pieces because something just didn't seem right to me! Here is the finished product, followed by my step-by-step process for putting it together:
.   8x10 - FIN!  .
This is what it looked like before I glued it down:
.  no glue yet! .
And I've never tried this before, but I thought it might look cool to show what it looks like as it's on its way to completion - so I decided to take a picture after (almost) every step:

  

 
 

 
.   top half  .
.  bottom half  .
It's been awhile since I've made a collage, so this is my attempt at getting back into the proverbial swing of it. This one is 8x10 but I have enough materials to make several more in different sizes and slightly different versions. If I end up making them, I'll blog about those as well!

Do you like art? Do you hate it? If so, what's the matter with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!