Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Ornament Nails

The inspiration for today's holiday nails came from a DIY project from YouTube's Ingrid Nilsen (aka Missglamorazzi). She's been doing a #DIYDecember series, with a new project everyday. One of her first projects of the month was DIY holiday cards. Both of her two card designs were adorable...

Missglamorazzi, DIY Christmas cards

... and immediately needed to be on my nails. So! Here's my version of her Christmas ornaments design, using my nails as a canvas:

aka Bailey, Christmas ornament, nail polish, nail art


For colors I used China Glaze's Goldie But Goodie, Sinful Colors' Snow Me White, NYC's High Line Green (a birthday present from my sister - thanks Mal!), and Milani's Ruby Jewels:

Christmas nail polish colors, China Glaze Goldie But Goodie


Yes, that's a Sharpie.

Goldie But Goodie was actually one of the polishes in my swag bag at the #blogvancity event back in September, and it's a bit embarrassing for me to admit not trying it before now. Geez - what was I waiting for? This polish is gorgeous!

Christmas nail polish colors, China Glaze Goldie But Goodie, Milano Ruby Jewels


Ruby Jewels takes a few coats to be opaque, but it's totally worth it because that color is one of my favorites in my whole collection. (And for the amount of polish I own, I think that says a lot.) If you love sparkly red polishes for the holiday season, I highly recommend Ruby Jewels.

Christmas ornament nails, nail polish, nail art, holiday, aka Bailey





Drawing those black Sharpie lines wasn't that easy, as you can probably tell... but I kind of like the hand-drawn/imperfect look of it in the end.

I can't wait to use Goldie But Goodie again - what a gem that turned out to be. The fact that it was given to me for free is pretty cool, too. 

Do you have any fun holiday-related plans this weekend? I'm hoping to see some Christmas lights, drink some hot chocolate, and maybe go buy some snowshoes for the mini pre-Christmas vacation to Whistler that we're taking on Monday!

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin

{Linking up with The Nail Files and What I'm Loving Fridays}

12 comments:

  1. Both of those cards are adorable and so is your mani! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right those cards are adorable!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutest nails ever!! the cards are such a great inspiration. i'll have to make some like that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Toria! Hope you've having a nice weekend :)

      Delete
  5. Cute :) and of course nails are just 10 mini canvas'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well aren't these just the cutest? (Note: this isn't a question as much as it is a fact but it looked too weird without a question mark, ha!)
    They sort of remind me of Who-ville, although I can't quite pinpoint why, but since I love The Grinch, I'm now singing Where Are You Christmas, so this mani is a treat for the eyes AND the ears. #nailedit
    Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really pretty polish. I love the gold. Those cards are cute & I want to make a card for my daughter & now she is on vacation. I need to make something quick & simple. The nails look like something I could do too. I'm looking for X-mas nail ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, your nails are so pretty! I love your designs too! Great idea! Happy Holidays!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting. I love all the things you share and see your beautiful creation. Thank you for sharing.
    บุคคลสำคัญของโลก

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!