Friday, January 17, 2014

Radiant Orchid Nail Polish - Sally Hansen Luminous Tulips

First of all: Yes, the Justin Timberlake show HAPPENED last night and I am a giddy, giddy teenybopper today. Actually the show didn't end until midnight, so I am really more of a sleepybopper this morning. Honestly the entire concert was just bonkers-incredible, and our seats were even UPGRADED TO RIGHT NEXT TO THE STAGE. I'm still processing all of it, so don't expect to hear too much more from me about the concert quite yet, but I did take video and pictures and will share them when I can. You won't be sorry.

Tomorrow morning, at the butt-crack of dawn, I'm actually setting off for a 2-week trip to Massachusetts to visit my family and friends. Traveling to see them during the holiday season would have been about 3x more expensive (like a $900 plane ticket in December vs a $300 plane ticket a month later), so January/February has become my "holiday" visiting season since I moved to the West Coast. If my blogging becomes a bit more sparse between now and the beginning of February - that's why. Have no fear! Unless you have a terrible phobia complex. In which case... Have some Valium!

Today I'm swatching the third nail polish in my series of Radiant Orchid inspired polishes, in honor of Pantone's 2014 Color of Zee Year. This one is a more pink-leaning member of the orchid family - a Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polish called Luminous Tulips.

Sally Hansen Luminous Tulips nail polish




It's definitely a rosier raspberry-esque color than the other two orchid polishes I've swatched so far (here and here), but I think there's still a place for it at the Orchid Table, right?

Luminous Tulips nail polish from the Diamond Strength Sally Hansen Line

These swatches are with 2 coats of Luminous Tulips plus a top coat. (I've been using Sally Hansen's Double Duty base and top coat lately, if you're curious.)

Luminous Tulips nail polish from Sally Hansen

You can see in the pictures that there's a subtle shimmer throughout the polish - I can't tell if it's silver or if it's a soft blue color. After two coats on my nails, the frost isn't incredibly noticeable.

Orchid inspired nail polish

Radiant Orchid inspired nail polish
Orchid inspired nail polish from Sally Hansen

Now I know what you're thinking: "Bailey... that is not really very orchid, is it?" To that I'd say... when it's by itself, you're right. It doesn't look like it fits in with the Radiant Orchid color. But when it is together with all of the other polishes in this series, I think you'll agree that it definitely has a place in this roundup! JUST TRUST ME.

I've got 2 more nail polishes to show you in this Radiant Orchid series - one of which is also in this Diamond Strength line of polishes from Sally Hansen. It's brand new, so I haven't even tried it yet!

Do you have a favorite polish so far in this series?

Are there any travel plans in your near future? Anyone else like me and need to wait till after the holidays to visit your family back home (wherever "home" is for you)?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Wohoo!! Pretty nails and a trip home! YOU WIN TODAY! Haha! I think that it looks like a cranberry-ish colour but there is a bit of pink in there too, so yeah, I'll let you say it's part of an orchid collection. Because, you know, I'm the final word on the subject and you were obviously waiting for my approval. ;)

    Have the best vacay ever!! YAY (less expensive) VACAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking color. Great job painting your nails. I am like a five year when I paint my nails. I can't stay in the lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm that colour looks like it would be great for my skintone! :) better check it out hehe

    http://www.vancitygirl.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it would be lovely on many different skin tones - I'm sure it'd look beautiful on you :)

      Delete
  4. Now that's an "orchid" I could wear! Enjoy your trip, and think of all the cold related delays you missed during the holidays! Totally smart to go later :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank gooooooodness I missed all those weather-related delays. Well, I mean... hopefully I miss them. I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch ;) (I'm at the airport now waiting for the first leg of my flight!)

      Delete
  5. Have fun on your trip! :) Love the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. where can I buy this product in Whangarei New Zealand?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!