Saturday, January 10, 2015

#ChopChop: I Got My Hair Cut!

So I've been feeling the need to do something drastic since 2015 began, and my top 3 options were either a tattoo, a piercing, or a haircut. This past Friday night I (probably wisely) opted for the latter and had a good many inches chopped off of my hair:

 As a reminder, here's pretty much what it looked like before the cut:



Here's the damage:


My stylist was Edda at the James Joseph Salon in Medford. This is the second time I've seen her, and she's really just the bee's knees - very knowledgeable, honest, and takes the time to do a great consultation. Hearing that I was wanting to make a real change, she recommended that I get lots of length removed and some layers put in, to add movement, remove damage, and frame my face.

She was also very excited to give me some curls with my blowout, which is why it looks so short in the first pic, above. A view from the side:


Here's a straightened version from the next day, so you can see it's not super duper short:


And I didn't realize until that picture was large on my computer screen that I look a bit grumpy in it. My bad. I felt fine, promise.

With at least 6 inches taken off in some places (and even more in the shorter layers), this was an utterly refreshing haircut. I'm happy to report that there was no remorse at any point while the chop was happening, which does tend to happen sometimes when a long-haired girl goes in for a big haircut. (Holler if you hear me on that one.) This style suits me for right now, and I am pleased with it - though I'm simultaneously certain that I'm going to let it grow out quite long again now. My hair tends to grow quickly - which is why a haircut was probably the wisest choice out of the tattoo-piercing-haircut debate.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to a) apologize for the high ratio of selfies in this blog post. That's uncharacteristic of me, and b) head out to watch the Patriots' playoff game with my friends. TEWDLES!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your new cut! The curls are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! I'm sure I'll never be able to recreate these curls the same way the stylist did though ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the fresh cut, but you have such gorgeously shiny hair that either length looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!