Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekend Recap + My Workouts of the Week

Heyoooo, happy Sunday evening! It's the end of the first weekend of spring, so I hope you did it up right and proper.

My weekend has been a solid mix of solitude and friendship, so no complaints there. On Friday I went to the gym, did some online shopping (bought these little guys from DSW's site), went to the grocery store, and binge-watched a few episodes of Game of Thrones into the wee hours of the morning. (By the way, I just finished Season 4, so I'm all caught up now... and actually loved the show so much that I immediately started it over on Season 1 last night. Is that weird? Don't answer that; I don't care.)

On Saturday I started my day (predictably) at Donut Villa, then hit up the gym for a lower body workout before meeting up with my friends for an evening of shooting pool at Flat Top Johnny's in Cambridge. I'd never been there before, but it's an open-layout bar with food, drinks, and 12 pool tables. J-rod and I won a few games in a row - #NOBIGGIE - and a couple games of Skee-Ball were also enjoyed.

Today was Craft Club #5! That, of course, will get its own blog post, so I'm not going into too much detail about it now... but I will gladly share that I made a scrumptious fruit salad for the occasion. Noms on noms on noms!

Alright with the weekend in a nutshell, let's move on to zee workouts of zee weeeeeek! Here's what I did at the gym this week:

3/16 (lower body)
5 mins elliptical
3x: 30 calf raises, 17.5 lbs each hand
3x: 15 leg lifts from side plank, each leg
3x: 15 deadlifts, 17.5 lbs each hand
3x: 20 side lunges + plyometric pushoff each side
3x: 8 single leg deadlifts each leg, 7.5 lbs each hand
3x: 40 diamond clamshells each leg
3x: 15 static lunges each leg, holding 6 lb medicine ball overhead
3x: 30 squats + 20 squat pulses

3/17 (core)
5 mins elliptical
3x: 30 Brazilian crunches
3x: 15 crunches on exercise ball, holding 15 lbs
3x: 30 cobras
3x: 30 v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
3x: 15 dynamic side planks each side

3/18 (cardio)
40 mins hiking*/jogging treadmill:
   0:00-4:00 varying hike
   4-5 jogging 4.4 mph
   5-9 varying hike
   9-10 jogging 4.5 mph
   10-14 varying hike
   14-15 jogging 4.6 mph
   15-19 varying hike
   19-20 4.8 mph
   20-24 varying hike
   24-25 5.0 mph
   25-29 varying hike
   29-30 5.2 mph
   30-34 varying hike
   34-35 5.3 mph
   35-36 5.4 mph
   36-37 5.5 mph
   37-38 5.6 mph
   38-40 walking/cooldown/low incline

3/20 (upper body)
5 mins elliptical
3x: 10 deltoid flys, 7.5 lbs each hand
3x: 20 alternating chest flys on exercise ball, 7.5 lbs each hand
3x: 10 deltoid raises, 7.5 lbs each hand
3x: 10 overhead press, 7.5 lbs each hand
3x: 13 lat pulldowns, 37.5 lbs
3x: 10 chest press on exercise ball, 15 lbs each hand
3x: 10 bent over rows, 15 lbs each hand
3x:  10 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 15 lbs each hand
3x:  13 seated rows, 37.5 lbs
1:15 plank

3/21 (lower body)
5 mins elliptical
3x: 15 leg lifts from side plank each leg
3x: 30 calf raises, 17.5 lbs each hand
3x: 25 side lunges + plyometric pushoff, each leg
3x: 15 deadlifts, 17.5 lbs each hand
3x: 40 diamond clamshells each leg
3x: 10 single leg deadlifts each leg, 7.5 lbs each hand
3x: 15 static lunges each leg, holding 6 lb medicine ball overhead
3x: 30 squats + 20 squat pulses

* When I go "hiking" on the treadmill, I adjust the intensity and/or incline every minute for the entire duration, making sure to go through the entire range of available inclines (0-15).

By the way, if you didn't catch the update that I added to last week's workout post, here is the link to the first workout video that I filmed for my company's YouTube channel:  Intense TRX Interval for Your Core. A few people asked me about it, so figured I'd share here! Feel free to like/comment/share it with all your fitness-loving homies.

I shoooould have gone to the gym today, but Craft Club just sort of took over the morning/afternoon - which I'm certainly not complaining about. I absolutely love this scheduled "crafts and girls" time. Oftentimes it's more chatting than crafting, but - again - no one's complaining about that! #Love!

Annnnd here's the one grey cloud on the horizon that's been keeping me a little anxious all weekend: I'm getting a wisdom tooth out tomorrow morning. Eek! Because it's on the top (rather than my lower jaw bone), it shouldn't be as big of a to-do as the last one was, according to the oral surgeon. I'm hoping she's right!

Wish me luck in my recovery ;) And feel free to send me your favorite smoothie recipes.

How are your workouts going this week?
Did you do anything fun this weekend?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN

1 comment:

Leave me some love!