Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Few Good Things

Between my trip home to Massachusetts in January and the first half of my February, a stash of photos has accumulated that seemed share-worthy. Here are some highlights from the last month of my life:

This is my 3-year-old niece, Tierney. She's a sassy little peanut. 
And my Mom and Gram say that she looks a lot like 3-year-old me, which I can get down with.

My niece Tierney




This is my 5-year-old nephew Cohen. He's a little coconut sweetheart. 
He wasn't feeling very well on this particular day. 
If you must know, he threw up a few hours after this photo was taken. 
So... now you know. 

My adorable nephew Cohen




As a Christmas present, my sister Mallory and my brother-in-law Doug got the whole family passes to an indoor water park in Lake George, NY. We all went together one Saturday while I was in Mass and it was a really fun day.  Here's a look at the park:

Indoor water park, Lake George NY
.  so. much. fun.  .






My younger brother and sister made sure to come visit me in Pittsfield while I was home. My brother Rob works on the north shore of Massachusetts, and my sister Markie is in her senior year at Fitchburg State University. I was glad they made the trip - they are hysterical. Here are all four of the siblings together - we try to take a group picture whenever we can:


Me and my sibs!
.  clockwise from top  .
.  mallory, me, markie, robbie  .
Sidebar, see that piece of artwork behind Mallory's head on the wall? I made that back in 2009! It's one of my favorite collage crafts, EVER. Here's a better look at it, 
before it went into its frame:


Collage


So once I left Massachusetts and flew cross-country into Seattle, I had to then take a bus from Seattle to Vancouver. About 20 minutes into the bus ride, as we were crossing a busy viaduct in Seattle, the bus... stopped working. It just stopped working, right there in the lane! There wasn't even a breakdown lane, so we were really just stopped ON the highway.  

Rather than relay the negatives of that whole saga, I will share with you the silver lining to being broken down on the highway for 90 minutes that day: It happened to be one of Seattle's very few sunny-ish days... and we had a beautiful view of both Bainbridge Island as well as this new Seattle ferris wheel:

Ferris wheel in Seattle
Last Saturday I joined four other fabulous local bloggers for a brunch date in downtown Vancouver. Rose, Britta, Tina, Amy and I met up at Twisted Fork Bistro on Granville St. and thoroughly enjoyed our food and conversation. I love the twisted fork detail at the top of their menus...

Twisted Fork menu, Vancouver



After brunch Rose and I headed down to the Seawall and took a nice walk on the bike path in the sunshine. Until last week, Vancouver had been really dry for the last month or so, which is unusual for the winter here. It's always nice to take advantage of the sunshine when it's around... even if it means that the weather is acting quite strange and the earth is actually dying. #Oops.

Sunny day on Vancouver's Seawall bike path










So those are just a few good things that have been going on in my life this past month. I hope you're having a nice weekend!

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to make the best of a bus breakdown on the freeway to check out some Seattle sights! I'm also enjoying your nice nail skills from past posts. Essie A-list looks like a perfect red. Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog and I'm looking forward to reading more from you! -Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely brunch! Hope we can all get together again soon! :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!