Sunday, February 9, 2014

Workouts of the Week

First things first: I haven't done a "Sweat Round Up" post in like.... months. And months. That's because I was working out like... once a week, if that. It's time to get my shit together and get back into the habit of going to the gym, so I'm hoooping to sort of start up this series again. Hoping.

Secondly, I don't want to call it a "Sweat Round Up" anymore because, frankly, no one wants to think about other people "sweating." It's like that part of exercising that no one wants to talk about, but here I was broadcasting it in the title of my blogs. WHAT WAS MY PROBLEM??? UGH.

So henceforth I'll just go with the more colloquial (and LET'S FACE IT, more Google-friendly) "Workouts of the Week" title. I hope that doesn't ruffle too many feathers. (Did you pick up on my sarcasm there? Because I was laying it on pretttty thick.)

Right. So. On to the workouts! Here's what I did at the gym this past week:

2/2 (lower body and core)
5 mins biking
40 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
20 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
40 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
60 straight leg raises each leg
30 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs
1:25 plank
20 squats, holding 15 lbs
20 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs each hand
15 lat pulldowns, 20 lbs
14 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
13 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

2/3 (upper body)
15 mins biking
15 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
15 chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 bent over rows each arm, 12.5 lbs
15 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 overhead press, 10 lbs each hand
15 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs

2/4 (lower body and core)
10 mins biking
15 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
20 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
15 squats, holding 15 lbs
60 bridges
20 Russian get ups, holding 8 lbs
40 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
1:15 plank
15 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
15 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
15 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

2/6 (upper body and core)
1:00 plank
15 overhead press, 10 lbs each hand
15 chest press on exercise ball, 10 lbs each hand
15 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 10 lbs each hand
30 Russian get ups, holding 8 lbs
15 deltoid raises, 5 lbs each hand
15 deltoid flys, 5 lbs each hand
1:00 plank
15 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
15 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
15 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

Ooh, hey here's something else that's fun and workout-related: I walked into downtown Vancouver on Friday afternoon after work and popped into Forever21 for a few minutes (or 30). I ended up buying a new sports bra (I've mentioned before how much I love their inexpensive sports bras - they're perfect for the smaller-chested yet fashion-savvy young woman) and a new tank top for my workouts:

Teal tank top and grey sports bra from Forever21


{ Tank top here, sports bra here }

When heading to the gym, my go-to outfit is a pair of black leggings (nothing fancy, just regular black capri leggings), a long bright tank top (90% of which are these $5.80 ones from Forever21), and a cute sports bra (100% of which are F21). (Promise they're not paying me, but damn am I a walking advertisement for the late-20s Forever21-clinger-onner.) (Sawry I'm not sawry.) And of course I also rock my Nike In-Season TR2s

What do you normally wear to the gym? Do you tend to wear the same kind of thing every time?

What's your favorite online resource for finding new workout ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Love seeing other peoples' workouts! Which gym do you go to? I think we both live in Kits... Anyway, cute workout gear is one of my motivations for working out, haha. I mainly wear Lululemon but I should try F21 because it's so cheap! Are the bras padded?

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, so glad that someone else enjoys reading about workouts too haha. I go to the Steve Nash Fitness World on Broadway! What about you? Some of the F21 bras are padded and some aren't - this particular one was!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, maybe we will bump into each other there sometime! I'm always over in the "Ladies" section.

      Delete

Leave me some love!