Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beach Walks, New Shirts + Workouts of the Week

Howwww the heck has your weekend been so far? I hope you've all had plenty of relaxation and productivity, or whatever blend of that makes you feel like your weekend has been successful. I've been crossing some things off my list (if you follow along regularly, you might know that I try to make a to-do list every weekend), taking walks, and buying the occasional "thing" for myself. Because.

My weekend kicked off well with the Friday afternoon news (via mail) that I won't owe anything additional for my 2013 taxes after all! Big "phew" for that one. This was my first year earning contractor income, so it was a bit of mystery for me how those taxes would play out. I'm also happy to report that not only will I not owe any more money, I'll actually still be receiving a nice refund! #HEYOOOO! High fives all around to everyone else who gets some money back this spring. Go shoppin'. Or save that shit. Your choice. (I'll probably do a bit of both.)

Anyway, what else have I been up to the last few days? I took a couple of walks... this one along the beach on Thursday was particularly nice:

Walk along a Vancouver beach

English Bay in Vancouver

View of Downtown Vancouver from Kitsilano Beach

Sailboat in English Bay in front of mountains

Mountains and tankers from beach in Kitsilano
And on Friday night David and I finished off our evening with a sunset beach walk:

Sunset in English Bay in Vancouver

Sunset in English Bay in Vancouver, ships and mountains

Sunset in English Bay in Vancouver, ships
I walked downtown a couple times and picked up some new shirts, because my closet isn't full enough yet. (Full disclosure: That was sarcasm.) Seriously though, I had it on good authority that Victoria's Secret was having a sale on their popular v-neck t-shirts, and I a) needed a cute white v-neck that didn't suck, and b) wanted to see what all the hoopla was about with these tees. They definitely ARE cute and have a really flattering fit, so I grabbed two (since the sale was 2 for $34) - a white one and an orchid colored one:

So far I absolutely love them both, and the girl at the counter told me that she owns a few of them too, and that they stand up well to washes.

I also grabbed something that I've been looking for FOREVER: a light-colored chambray button up. You might think that a top like that is completely ubiquitous and not at all difficult to find, but it's been really hard for me to find one that fit me right and didn't have any wacky rogue details like spikes on the collar or weird cowgirl-esque embroidery on it. I got this one from Old Navy after seeing it on a mannequin in one of their window displays. Bonus - it was on sale for $20 (marked down from $39!)


So basically now that I have one of those, things are really going to start happening for me. I CAN FEEL IT!

Yesterday it was raining alllllll day long, so the walk I took downtown yesterday was a wet 'n chilly one.  I originally went into the city looking to get myself a haircut, but the salon I went to was booked up for the day so I made an appointment for Thursday instead. I will take some before and after pictures at the appointment because my hair is loooooong right now, and there's no telling WHAT could happen to it on Thursday!

Today is looking like a GORGEOUS day so far. The sky (from what I can see from my living room window) is completely blue and the sun is shining. Practically bikini season already!!! Just kidding, we're not quite there yet. But David has started wearing his Keens, which means warmer weather is on its way! (His Keens are a bit like Punxsutawney Phil, in that respect.)

Alright, so enough blabbering. On to my workouts from the past week!

3/17 (cardio)
15 mins elliptical
15 mins biking

3/18 (lower body and core)
10 mins rowing
2x:
   - 30 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
   - 30 diamond clamshells on each leg
   - 30 alternating weighted side bends, 15 lbs each hand
   - 40 side lunges + plyometric push off, each side
   - 30 Brazilian crunches
   - 60 bridges
   - 1:00 plank
10 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
10 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
10 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

3/19 (upper body)
5 mins elliptical
3x:
   - 12 chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
   - 12 deltoid flys, 5 lbs each hand
   - 12 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
   - 12 deltoid raises, 5 lbs each hand
   - 12 tricep extensions on exercise ball, 5 lbs each hand
15 squats, holding 10 lbs
15 squats, holding 15 lbs
15 squats, holding 20 lbs
10 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
10 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs
10 lat pulldowns, 60 lbs

3/21 (lower body)
5 mins elliptical (1/2 mile)
2x:
   - 12 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
   - 5 single leg squats on bench, each leg (I'm practicing this one - not strong enough yet!)
   - 40 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
   - 40 side lunges + plyometric pushoff on each side
   - 30 diamond clamshells each leg
15 squats, holding 15 lbs
15 squats, holding 20 lbs
15 squats, holding 25 lbs

I plan to get to the gym today as well, but not before enjoying this sunshine! 
Did you do any random shopping this weekend? 
Has spring begun to sprung where you are?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!