Friday, May 15, 2015

SUP??! Nails 'n Other Things

It's been quiet around here this month... and that's primarily because I haven't felt like blogging. Simple as that, haha! Hey, it's my blog, I'll ignore it when I want to.

Normally even when I'm being neglectful of my blog, I still manage to put up a nail polish post every Friday. Well I have also become quite lax with that, as you can see. Lack of inspiration plus tired cuticles have left my nails looking like the red-headed step child of my hands. This week, however, inspiration suddenly struck, and I bounded to my nail polish box to pick out some colors. Then this happened:

Green nail polish bottle, shattered and splattered!
.  shattered and splattered  .

Ugh. My pent-up nail polish excitement got the better of me, apparently. I spent over 2 hours cleaning up the glass shards and green polish splatter of that mess. And it was a bottle of Sinful Colors Mint Apple, to boot - one of my absolute favorite greens. #Balls.

Irked, but not unbowed, I decided to press onwards with getting a nail polish post up this week and seeing my inspiration to fruition. Here's what I finally ended up with:

Mint nails with green and pink polka dot accents

Two of the polishes used in today's post are brand new as of yesterday. My intention at CVS was to replace an old bottle of Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, but once I was there in front of the display Mint Candy Apple was suddenly the more appealing shade to me. And so a game-time decision was made, and the mint won out over the turquoise. (Interestingly, it had absolutely nothing to do with the Sinful Colors Mint Apple that had met such an untimely demise earlier in the week. Nothing at all. It appears these nail polish companies are just terribly un-clever when it comes to naming their light greens.)

Essie Mod Square, NYC High Line Green, Essie Mint Candy Apple, Sinful Colors Snow Me White The other new polish I picked up is Essie's Mod Square - a strawberry-bubblegum sort of hot pink, free of any shimmer or iridescence. Together, Mint Candy Apple and Mod Square look BEAUTIFUL. A perfect summer pairing.

Essie Mint Candy Apple, with bright green and hot pink polka dot accent nails, perfect summer nails


I used 2 coats of Mint Candy Apple on my thumb, pointer and pinky nails. My middle finger has 2 coats of NYC's High Line Green, and my ring finger has 2 coats of Sinful Color's Snow Me White, topped with polka dots of Mod Square.

Besides already peeling off every single one of the above-pictured nails in record time, here are a few other things I've been up to since you last heard from me:
  • Lots of gym time (though, sorry, no workout blogs... mreh)
  • Checked out the opening day of the SoWa Open Market in Boston's South End neighborhood, which runs every Sunday from now till October
  • Went out for tacos and mojitos on Cinco de Mayo with Kara and her boyfriend Kyle
  • Dined out at some good restaurants around Cambridge (including The Friendly Toast and Firebrand Saints)
  • Kayaked on The Charles River with my friends (I subsequently purchased a season pass at a great discount with a Groupon)
  • Quick trip home to Pittsfield to surprise my mom for Mother's Day and visit the rest of my family
  • Caught up on the Game of Thrones episodes I missed while in Panama, as well as the latest episode
  • Took a 1-hour free trial boxing class at The Ring Boxing Club in Boston (SUCH a good workout - I was absolutely drenched in sweat)
Taking a trial boxing class at The Ring Boxing Club in Boston
.  source  .
Bunker Hill Monument in Charlestown, MA

I suppose I've also been eating a fair amount of ice cream sandwiches, if I'm being totally honest. And binge shopping. Whoops?

So that's what's up and what's on my nails, all in one fell swoop. I hope it was worth the wait.

What are you rocking on your nails this week?
Have you picked up any new polishes lately?
What's the most exciting thing you've done/eaten/heard/seen in the last few weeks?!

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN
 
{Linking with Fab Favorites and The Nail Files}

14 comments:

  1. Oh noes! I love Sinful Colors Mint Apple! :(
    You're so good at dots...holy cats, look at how even those are all! I love it.
    And yay for boxing an pilates/yoga AND ice cream. #GoodBalance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I bet that was a biotch to clean up! :( I know how depressing that is! The nails look fabulous though! I also am just getting back into blogging after a bit of neglect. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god Toria, it took me literally over 2 hours of intensive cleaning. Not how I'd planned to spend that time!

      Delete
  3. You had the most fun ever! Well, aside from the polish mishap--that was definitely NOT fun. However, it all balances out because your mani is awesome!! LOVE that emerald green, and as usual, your dots look like a nail strip, due to their perfection. Well done again, my friend! (And I think you chose right with the Mint Candy Apple. It's super pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look cute. Hoping to make it to Boston this Summer. We didn't get to go last Summer.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! And I hope you do make it up here - if not in the summer, then definitely the fall! Fall in New England is something everyone should see.

      Delete
  5. oh yea. i remember following that nail mishap and then pepper mil mishap via twitter. lol. i was sending you invisible hugs. i can just image myself in that situation. i'd be like.. 'REALLY?!?!?!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a day of cursing myself, that's for damn sho. :(

      Delete
  6. oh HI! Goodness you've been quiet. I don't even want to talk about that spilled polish. That's one of my worst nightmares-especially since my cat has asshole tendencies and likes to swat things off my vanity. Your nails, as always, look amazing. Your polka dotting skills get me EVERY time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the nails!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do not store your butane canister in your car or truck Carton Of Newport 100S. The temperature inside of a vehicle in warm, summer months can reach extremely high levels. Keeping your butane at home is always the best option as it is safe from extreme temperatures and will ensure that your butane supply is safe Marlboro Cigarettes. Additionally, also make sure that the tip of the butane container is not damaged or clogged Cheap Cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. โปรโมชั่น PG SLOT ที่น่าสนใจ ห้ามพลาดที่เราเตรียมไว้เพื่อคุณ พีจีสล็อต ออนไลน์ที่ทันสมัย น่าเล่น มาพร้อมรางวัลก้อนโตภายในเกม เล่นได้บนมือถือ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pg Slot สล็อต เว็บตรง เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ แตกง่ายจ่ายจริง แจกหนัก แตกหนัง กับ เว็บ pg-slot.game ของเรา ที่กำลังมาแรง แซงเว็บเกมอันดับต้น ๆ ไปหมดแล้ว สมัครสมาชิกได้แล้ววันนี้

    ReplyDelete
  11. pg auto เกมพีจีสล็อตสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มาในรูปแบบใหม่เป็นเกมส์ พีจี ยอดนิยมที่นิมยมเล่นกันบน โลกอินเตอร์เน็ตขณะนี้ ที่ใครๆต่างก็รู้จักนับเบอร์วันชั้น 1จำเป็นต้อง พีจีสล็อตแค่นั้น

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!