Friday, February 15, 2013

Taking Advantage of a Sunny Vancouver Day

I don't mind the rain in Vancouver, truly. I loved winter and playing in the snow when I was a kid, but I got over it at some point in my teen years. Probably when I got my license and started having to shovel snow off of my own car and drive around in the freezing cold without heat (I only seemed to drive models of cars with inoperative heat mechanisms as a teen and young adult). So now that I'm in the Pacific Northwest, I'm kind of digging the snow-less winter season. And, possibly because I have a side of me that enjoys a bit of gloom and lack of sunshine, I've never minded the rain either. I like the sound it makes and the way it makes everything smell, and I feel like as long as I've got the proper rain jacket and waterproof boots, it's rather enjoyable to walk around in as well.

However, all that said... the frequent rainy days here sure make the sunny, clear days taste like golden chocolate sprinkle unicorn fantasy ice cream. I'm constantly in awe of how gorgeous the view is from my neighborhood and on sunny days it becomes just spectacular. A few weeks ago on a perfect and clear day, I took a walk with my camera over the Burrard Bridge and am TOTES excited to share the photos with you so you can get a taste of just how beautiful the surroundings are here in Vancouver. I feel very fortunate to be living here - in a place that I never expected I'd ever be living.









No complaints about these mountains. You should see how they look in the dark on a clear night - with some of them lit up with their ski mountain lights and others just illuminated in the darkness because of their white snow caps. Le sigh....... Sorry I think that "le sigh" came out because I'm listening to Madeline Peyroux as I write this. Anycrap, come visit beautiful Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!