Monday, January 26, 2015

My Current Favorite Instagram Accounts

As someone who tends to thrive on being visually stimulated (do with that sentence-starter what you will), Instagram is my favorite app for killing time. Nevermind the fact that it's pretty much the only app I use. Just never-you-mind that.

I compiled a list of my current favorite Instagram accounts and consequently determined that they can be divided into three categories: pretty, funny, and Vancouver/Boston. Ask me if I care that Vancouver and Boston have no business being in one single category. GO ON, ASK ME. No, I don't care.

The pretties are accounts celebrating things like visual design or hair/beauty, the funnies are accounts that serve no purpose other than making people laugh, and the Vancouver/Boston accounts feature beautiful cityscapes that stoke my longing for the Pacific Northwest while also helping me better appreciate my current East Coast home.

Ready? LEGGO.
* P R E T T Y *

blushshop
Pretty things in soft, pretty pastels. A soothing and inspiring account!

source  .

So many good outfits, posted in bursts. Love it!

source  .

One of my favorite blogs and favorite Instagram accounts.

source  .
 
instabraid
Has me immediately "longing" for my long hair again.

source  .

* F U N N Y *

Just a ton of laughable posts - it was hard to choose one to feature here.

source  .
This account is nothing but constant gems. I legitimately scroll through his feed and just laugh out loud at almost all of them. His captions usually make the pics even better.

source  .
Not quite as hysterical as thefatjewish or fuckjerry, but still good for a chuckle

source  .

* V A N C O U V E R / B O S T O N *

Some of the most beautiful photography of Vancouver, by photographer Patrick King. He captures so many different aspects of Vancouver - you'll love it!

source  .
inside_vancouver
Beautiful pictures of Vancouver compiled from other Instagram accounts.

source  .

Another account that shares pictures from others. There's a really wide variety of photography styles and Vancouver-related subject matter.

source  .

This is actually an account run by the twin brother of my friend Kara's boyfriend. Cory takes beautiful pictures around Boston and is so far my favorite Boston Instagrammer!

source  .
Now I obviously must know what your favorite Instagram accounts are. Are you following me yet? Find me at akabaileyblog, and leave a comment below with your account name so I can follow you too!

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN

8 comments:

  1. I love your selections under pretty. Will have to take a look at all of those now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to get on those vancouver ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, they are perf for people who don't get to see Vancouver nearly often enough ;)

      Delete
  3. My fave "funny" Instagram account right now is omgliterallydead. Sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg haha thanks so much for sharing. Immediately following that account!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much- I'm addicted to IG and could use some hilarity there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I SO appreciate hilarious Instagram accounts. Laughter is just the best. :)

      Delete

Leave me some love!