Friday, May 29, 2015

Nails and a WHOLE LOTTA Random

Yeah, yeah - it's been another *cough* several days since I last blogged. Are you picking up on a new trend? Well, don't fret. (Surely, you were fretting.) I'm not abandoning ship altogether, just only blogging when I get the urge. The urge has become more sporadic in the last couple of months, admittedly, but this little internet space of mine means a bit too much for me to just cut it off completely.

Sidebar, who else actually learned the word "sporadic" from Alicia Silverstone back in 1995? G'wan. Admit it.

Today's blog is going to be a bit of a "life lately" word vomit, disguised as a nail polish post. Ready?

These nails were super spontaneous and weren't inspired by a single thing other than the color blue:

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue with Lapiz of Luxury Accent nail
The bright blue, if you didn't already know by looking at it, is Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen - one of the most badass nail polish colors in the land. It's electric (boogie woogie woogie). My ring finger has 2 coats of Essie's Lapiz of Luxury topped with one coat of Green Tea by LA Colors. Green Tea is a really pretty mint-sparkle polish, but it's suuuuper sheer, so it's basically useless on its own.

Essie Lapiz of Luxury, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, nail polish, bright blue

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue with Lapiz of Luxury Accent nail

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that I spent last week in Charleston, SC visiting my friend Simmons. Since my job allows me to work remotely, we were able to hang out for the week without either one of us taking any time off from work. We got in some great beach time at Folly Beach, and I got to meet his friends and check out downtown Charleston (which is adorable and packed with people at this time of year).

Random Folly story: A dude at one of the bars there told me I was his dream woman (specifically my freckles and nose ring), and then later actually said, "I'm a sailor and I sail out tomorrow. Can I have a kiss?" I was all, WTF? No. And does that actually work on people? He probably wasn't even a sailor. He probably just knew a guy who owned a pontoon boat. Is this seriously what the singles scene is like these days, people? FML.

Pier on Folly Beach, South Carolina

On Memorial Day, I spent my day off kayaking on the Charles River, stopping by the display of 37,000 American flags in Boston Common, eating froyo from Orange Leaf, binge shopping at TJ Maxx (got two new summer dresses!), and capping things off with some Chipotle for dinner. Successful day? I dunno. Sure.

37000 American flags in Boston Common, Memorial Day 2015

In other news completely, those five workout videos I filmed for the website I manage have now all been made live, and I've now gotten up the nerve to share them here in this blog. Watch them if you want to. Even better, give them a thumbs up or share them or leave a comment. A nice comment, not a troll comment. You can keep those.
The pool at my apartment building opened up, so I've been spending some time out there, tryna catch a tannnn. But a sensible tan, because I've been applying sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) like a good girl and do not intend to get a sunburn this year. Skin cancer is common as shit and in most cases preventable, so allow me to remind you: Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. SPF = BFF.

On Tuesday night I went to a Fashionably Featured party on the roof deck of the Revere Hotel in downtown Boston. It was honestly just a reason to get dressed up and wear one of the pairs of heels that are sitting in my closet, not getting enough play.

Speaking of playing in heels, I have two more reasons to get dressed up this weekend:  My good friend April has a bridal shower tomorrow on Cape Cod, and my friend Linden is getting married in Pittsfield on Sunday. I'm going to dash across the state from one to the other, so lots of driving for me in the next couple of days! Good thing I just brought my car in for an oil change the other day... and came out $300+ later with a new muffler, too. Funny how that happens, innit?

Alright that should suffice for life updates for now. I have written a large amount of my Panama blog, but haven't finished it yet. Maybe that'll be my next trick!

Hope you guys have a great weekend - PEAAAAAAAACE.

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN

28 comments:

  1. hahah i dont konw. i might have kissed him on the cheek :P yea! i saw your flags photo on instagram! i looked really cool. sounds like your time in charleston was pretty fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha he was being terribly presumptuous because I didn't even find him attractive. So no kiss for him!

      Delete
  2. Man, Pacific Blue really is the most badass blue ever. LOVE IT. And it's been great to see all the fun stuff you've been doing, by stalking your IG feed. Haha! Also, HAHA about the (possible) sailor. Hope all of your driving is going well!! Happy Dressing Up Weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're having far too much fun to be tied down (to a sailor, or a faux sailor) anyway! Good to know that you'll be taunting him from his dreams, though. Muahahahaha! And yes, that's the singles scene and it blows and I highly recommend giving up on dating altogether (never worth it. Except, of course, when you give up and then Mr. Right-for-you falls into your lap, which is what happened to me, which I'm sure was hilarious for someone). Rock those new sundresses, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pacific Blue is my all time fave royal blue!
    Have fun on all of your adventures! I miss you in Vancouver though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is proof that short nails can look amazing too!

    http://vintageecrush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more content.











    เที่ยวเมืองไทยที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, this is nice images of nail design and colors. I am sharing new ideas and concept. If you have interested to eBay gift card codes , so visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post.Thanks for sharing.This is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For summer, I have been loving anything bright nails. Although I go back to my favorite black polish every now and then lol I need to try blue. Have a nice day jcp 10 off 10 coupon

    ReplyDelete

  11. Awesome article! It is in detail and well formatted that i enjoyed reading. which inturn helped me to get new information from your blog. I am sharing related topic which is mostly important for How to get free Robux

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take Up to 40% OFF on Bogs Footwear Clearance + get Free Shipping on your order! Enjoy now!
    https://couponforless.com/store/bogsfootwear.com

    ReplyDelete

  13. This is actually good to read the content of this blog. here is very general and the huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I have some information regarding Free Ways to buy Movies from Google Play Store.

    ReplyDelete
  14. keep up the wonderful piece of work, I read feew posts on this site and I think that your site is very interesting and holds circles
    of great info.and my friends are you find a
    Free Robux?, if yes then you are on right place, so many people dont know
    How to get free Robux.
    Get Free Robux is a very easy thing nowdays.because of
    FREE ROBUX ROBLOX
    Earn Free Robux - Redeem Instantly
    Free Robux - Earn and
    Earn Free Robux these things helps you to get unlimited rolux.so many people find
    free robux websites and from that you
    earn robux today.in that you also earn
    free robux codes and
    Free​ Roblox ​Robux.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for shareing information with us. It was very intersting and helpful for me. I have something new for you visit here visit here

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very good blog. I appreciate your work. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. am the gamer one and visit several site for gaming update out of that here is the 1 site which gives good gaming content Visit here
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics.
    It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks

    Feel free to visit my page :::: 오피 (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice work and very detailed,wow you did a really nice job with this one bro,you provided a gold mind of information.click here
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice information for all about this. I really get wonderful information . Thank you so much. I also have something for you. you can Check here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good blog. I must apreciate your efforts. Written in positive manner and in easy to understand language. And you can check Winrar a software for Creating self-extract files and Backup your files.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. I have something for you to compress and archive your data. Winrar .
    visit here

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is feasible to sign up for a month-to-month bill through giving your e-mail cope with and reference amount and you may receive your bill thru electronic mail month-to-month prior to the expected date. If you're interested by finding bill SMS, we recommend this FESCO respectable site for you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. เกมส์ สล็อต สล๊อตออนไลน์ สล็อตเล่นง่ายได้เงินจริง ระบบฝาก-ถอน AUTO 30 วินาทีแค่นั้น สล็อตแจกเครดิตฟรี pg มาแรงที่สุดในชั่วโมงนี้ เนื่องจากว่าระบบของราไม่ต้องโหลด app อะไรให้ยุ่งยาก

    ReplyDelete
  24. y8 เป็นผู้เผยแพร่เกมและก็ผู้พัฒนาเกม แพลตฟอร์ม Y8 เป็นโซเชียลเน็ตเวิร์กที่มีผู้เล่น 30 ล้านคนและก็กำลังเติบโต พีจี สล็อต ออนไลน์กับพวกเราได้ทุกที่ทุกๆเมื่อนิยมได้เงินจริง

    ReplyDelete
  25. slotpg รูปแบบใหม่ต้องใจผู้เล่น เกมคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่เยี่ยมที่สุด บริการครบวงจรในเรื่องความเพลิดเพลินและก็เงินรางวัลหลายชิ้น สล็อตออนไลน์เล่นไม่ยาก ชำระเงินจริงทุกบาททุกเงิน

    ReplyDelete
  26. pg slot ปิ้งยิ่งที่สุดแล้วก็ฝากถอนเงินในแต่ละครั้งได้ไม่มีอย่างน้อย สิทธิพิเศษสำหรับในการวางเดิมพันที่จะสามารถทำให้ทุกๆคนใกล้ PG SLOT เงินจำนวนเป็นอันมาก

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!