Normally even when I'm being neglectful of my blog, I still manage to put up a nail polish post every Friday. Well I have also become quite lax with that, as you can see. Lack of inspiration plus tired cuticles have left my nails looking like the red-headed step child of my hands. This week, however, inspiration suddenly struck, and I bounded to my nail polish box to pick out some colors. Then this happened:
|. shattered and splattered .|
Ugh. My pent-up nail polish excitement got the better of me, apparently. I spent over 2 hours cleaning up the glass shards and green polish splatter of that mess. And it was a bottle of Sinful Colors Mint Apple, to boot - one of my absolute favorite greens. #Balls.
Irked, but not unbowed, I decided to press onwards with getting a nail polish post up this week and seeing my inspiration to fruition. Here's what I finally ended up with:
Two of the polishes used in today's post are brand new as of yesterday. My intention at CVS was to replace an old bottle of Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, but once I was there in front of the display Mint Candy Apple was suddenly the more appealing shade to me. And so a game-time decision was made, and the mint won out over the turquoise. (Interestingly, it had absolutely nothing to do with the Sinful Colors Mint Apple that had met such an untimely demise earlier in the week. Nothing at all. It appears these nail polish companies are just terribly un-clever when it comes to naming their light greens.)
I used 2 coats of Mint Candy Apple on my thumb, pointer and pinky nails. My middle finger has 2 coats of NYC's High Line Green, and my ring finger has 2 coats of Sinful Color's Snow Me White, topped with polka dots of Mod Square.
Besides already peeling off every single one of the above-pictured nails in record time, here are a few other things I've been up to since you last heard from me:
- Lots of gym time (though, sorry, no workout blogs... mreh)
- Checked out the opening day of the SoWa Open Market in Boston's South End neighborhood, which runs every Sunday from now till October
- Went out for tacos and mojitos on Cinco de Mayo with Kara and her boyfriend Kyle
- Dined out at some good restaurants around Cambridge (including The Friendly Toast and Firebrand Saints)
- Kayaked on The Charles River with my friends (I subsequently purchased a season pass at a great discount with a Groupon)
- Quick trip home to Pittsfield to surprise my mom for Mother's Day and visit the rest of my family
- Caught up on the Game of Thrones episodes I missed while in Panama, as well as the latest episode
- Took a 1-hour free trial boxing class at The Ring Boxing Club in Boston (SUCH a good workout - I was absolutely drenched in sweat)
|. source .|
- Attended my first Pilates & Yoga on the Hill at the Bunker Hill Monument in Charlestown (Kara and I went on a yoga night)
I suppose I've also been eating a fair amount of ice cream sandwiches, if I'm being totally honest. And binge shopping. Whoops?
So that's what's up and what's on my nails, all in one fell swoop. I hope it was worth the wait.
What are you rocking on your nails this week?
Have you picked up any new polishes lately?
What's the most exciting thing you've done/eaten/heard/seen in the last few weeks?!