Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coffee Cubes: A Great Way to Use Leftover Coffee

Do you ever find yourself with a little bit of extra coffee leftover in the pot that you end up having to toss out? I have a great way for you to use that coffee rather than waste it - and it's even more perfect now that we're approaching spring and getting ready to get our iced coffees on.

use your leftover coffee to make coffee cubes

For no good reason, really, Dave and I have a tiny 6-cup coffee pot. This means that on most days we end up having to brew a second pot of coffee to make enough for both of us.  Some days there's a rogue amount left in the second pot and I just can't bring myself to drink another cup. Lately I've been letting the remaining coffee cool to room temperature and then pouring it into an ice tray that I've designated just for the coffee cubes.

pour coffee into ice trays

freeze coffee cubes

coffee cubes in a glass jar

I throw some coffee cubes into a glass jar, add a couple teaspoons of sugar, pour some cold coffee over the top of it all and then add a few splashes of low-fat milk. Mmmm...

iced coffee with coffee cubes

Use these coffee cubes in place of regular ice cubes in your next iced coffee at home. This way, as your cubes melt, your coffee isn't getting watered down and stays delicious till the last drop!

#YouKnowYouWantToTryIt

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. what a brilliant idea! what would i do without you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Iced lattes are my favorite form of coffee..Yum!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and great plan to not let anything go to waste! This looks so yummy too! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!