Saturday, March 30, 2013

Emerald & Mint Nails

One of my favorite bloggers to follow is the classic and adorable Jessi from Haircut and General Attitude. Not only is she absolutely gorgeous but damn does that girl know how to throw together an outfit and then wear the shit out of it. I always tell her that she is the layering queen because somehow she manages to wear #ALLTHELAYERS without ever looking bulky at all. #TeachMe.

I like getting nail polish inspiration from interesting places - take the Demoiselle fancy jewelry nails I did a few weeks ago, for example - so when I saw Jessi's St. Patrick's Day mint and emerald outfit, I immediately decided to make a nail polish look that used the same scheme.


AND SO, here we have some emerald-colored nails with a mint polka dot accent nail, inspired by Jessi's vintage skirt and peter pan collared minty shirt:

haircut and general attitude, mint and emerald outfit
.  jessi from haircut and general attitude  .

Get it done:

1.
Paint all nails except ring finger 3 coats of Sinful Colors' San Francisco polish. I'm glad I went for the third coat with this color - the second coat made it "eh" but the third coat made it totally opaque and allowed the shimmer in the polish to start reflecting some light. I do wish I had a darker emerald though - something closer to the dark skirt in the above pic.

2. Paint ring finger 3 coats of Essie's Turquoise & Caicos. Again, I'm glad I decided to do a third coat. Even Essie's pastels streak a bit with the first couple of coats!

3. Add the white polka dots on the ring finger using a dotting tool. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White because it's a perfect white-out style, totally opaque, shimmer-free white.



Check out Haircut and General Attitude for very well put together outfit ideas and check back here at aka Bailey for more nail polish ideassssss. Or DON'T. SEE IF I CARE. (I do.)

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I am so going tohave to check out her blog. I am the worst at layering so would be good to get some inspiration! Loving the nails, looks gorgeous with that dress x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so pretty!! I absolutely love them! They're so me :) thanks for the little feature - you are so so sweet!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!