Despite the "getting there" part, which sucks, so many wonderful things await me upon my arrival in MA:
- Dunkin Donuts. Nuff said.
- My brother, who will pick me up from the airport and house me for the night at his apartment
- The rest of my family, who I'll see tomorrow afternoon after I finish my trek from eastern Mass to western Mass
- Babies: People have had babies since the last time I was home. I'm gonna squeeze some cheeks.
- A wedding!! My friends Kim and Sam will be getting their nups (nuptials?) on next weekend
- A bachelorette weekend! My friend Abigail is engaaaaaged and we're celebrating with a weekend in a beachy town in Maine, the weekend after next
Anyway! On to zeeee nails!
I've been itching to use my Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Blue-Berry Sweet On You nail polish again, and just needed to choose a fabulous polish to pair it with. I chose an aqua-inspired glittery polish from Sinful Colors which had been in my stash for several months without me so much as glancing at it. WHAT'S MY PROBLEM? The glitter polish, called Nail Junkie, is a translucent teal base with a lovely amount of holographic glitter rounds in it - some small and some extra small. The polish kind of reminds me of a mermaid.
Excluding my ring fingers, I applied two coats of the Gumdrops polish to all of my nails - a dusty, periwinkle blue textured polish which is also chock-full of blue-leaning holographic glitter specks. I absolutely LOVE this polish - it applies gorgeously and has a thick brush head for easy application. It dries to a rough, sandpapery finish, but not rough enough that it catches on anything.
I hope you don't mind, but I may just go radio silent for the next couple of weeks while I'm home. You will survive my absence though - I totally promise.
What are you rocking on your nails today?
Have you tried any of these Gumdrops polishes?
Any trips in your near future?