Friday, June 27, 2014

I'm Still Alive! So Here Are Some Pretty Pictures :)

Why hello there! DID YEW MISS ME?!

... I will interpret your silence as a "hell yes!" and just take this moment to console you and hope that my absence these past few weeks didn't take too much of a toll on your daily life and general morale.

I have finally returned to Vancouver after being away in New England since June 6, and it is good to be home! The travel between hither and yon is never (EVER) easy on me, and often stretches into two days of travel in each direction. On June 6 my day began with a 7:00 AM, 5.5-hour bus ride from Vancouver to Seattle, followed by a 2-hour wait in the SeaTac airport, followed by a 5-hour flight from Seattle to Boston which landed at around midnight EST. From there, my brother picked me up and brought me to his Danvers apartment (about 25 mins north of Boston), where I slept for the night before continuing my jaunt to Western Mass the next day. I didn't get into Pittsfield till about 2:00 PM on Saturday June 7.

Returning from Mass to Vancouver was, again, a 2-day process. I got a car service from Auburndale, MA to Boston's Logan Airport on Monday June 23, took a 1-hour flight from Boston to JFK, had a 2-hour layover there before a 6-hour flight from JFK to SeaTac. That got me into Seattle at around 9:30pm, which was too late for me to take a bus back to Vancouver, so I had a hotel room for the night in Seattle before another 7:00 AM, 5-hour bus ride back north to Vancouver... culminating in a cab ride back to my home. By the time I walked in the door, I was ready to kiss the carpet in my apartment and not move for the rest of the day.

But that was just the getting to/from nonsense. There was an AMAZING array of fun and joy and love and family and friends that were experienced in the time between!! Being with my besties and my family is rejuvenating, fo sho.

Rather than try to overwhelm you or myself with a recap of the trip just yet, I thought I'd ease back into my little blogging hobby with some photos that I snapped in Vancouver the week before leaving for my trip in early June. Enjoy!

Freshly cut green grass in Vancouver

Tree oozing sap in Vancouver

Tailgate of old turquoise Ford truck

Old Ford truck, turquoise
I spent an inordinate amount of time perched above the following little scene... the colors all just seemed so lovely to me that I kept snapping away...

Green plants, pink petals and a wooden wall

Pink petals alongside a brown wooden wall

Pink flower petals alongside a brown wooden wall

Pink flower petals against a brown wooden wall

Green plants, wooden wall, pink flower petals

Green bush with bright pink flowers
 Volleyball players on Kitsilano Beach, Vancouver

Birds in the water at Kilstano Beach in Vancouver, English Bay

Heron and tankers in English Bay, Vancouver






And yes, today is normally my nails day, but I'll post one of those for tomorrow instead. Stay tewnnnnned.

It's good to be back... and thanks for sticking around  :)

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
Follow on Bloglovin


5 comments:

  1. Hi Hi HIiiiii! I sure am glad you're back! My life is just a little less bright with some Bailey in it! (Oddly enough, I JUST (as in, finished it just as I pulled up your post) had a conversation with my husband that the other Bailey can't sleep in our bed anymore. That could be interpreted pretty awkwardly now...moving along). Traveling sounds like a REAL nightmare--but I'm sure the journey was so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why heellooo there. and yes you were missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you were in town and I missed ya? Nuts! I'm glad the trip to Mass went well, and that you're recovering from all that travel. Yay sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bootiful!!!

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!