Friday, September 5, 2014

Bailamos con Polka Dots

I hope that you've already let the rhythm take you over since reading the title of this blog. I know I have.

... Sorry, I'm sure there's an Enrique reference in every single post I've done that includes this turquoise nail polish haha. Forgive me.

ORLY Bailamos nail polish with Color Show Polka Dots Clearly Spotted polish





This mani uses Bailamos by ORLY (2 coats for opacity) on all fingers except my ring. For an accent nail I used one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White topped with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Clearly Spotted.

Turquoise polish with black and white polka dot accent nail
I'm a big fan of Clearly Spotted over a white base. It makes me think of cookies 'n cream every time it catches my eye. Nom.

Bailamos was one of the bottles that took a pretty direct hit in the Great Nail Polish Moving Failure of 2014, so it is now sporting a solid amount of "Sweet Pea" by Bath and Body Works...


Turquoise polish with black and white polka dot accent nail

Last night I went out for sushi in Medford at Sei Bar with my friends Steph and Kara. I had some scrumptious rolls - the Medford Maki with grilled salmon, avocado, and cucumber, topped with tempura crumbs, crab meat and spicy mayo; and a Beef Terikaki Maki. I'm usually drawn to the crunchy rolls with spicy mayo - how about you guys?

I have no plans this weekend other than maybe heading down to Steph's condo to chill out and watch some movies with her. It's still so nice to be able to just get together with my best friends on a weeknight or lounge around together on a weekend. This was sorely missing from my life while I was on the West Coast!

What are you getting into this weekend? Any fun plans with ya buds?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN
 

8 comments:

  1. oh this mani. So simple yet so delectable! Seriously in love with the accent nail! I'm so glad you're enjoying time with your friends! I swear there's nothing better (and I'm a tiny bit jealous hah). I'm also drawn to crunchy rolls and give me all the spicy mayo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooo pretty!
    Come do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this rocks. That is all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this mani!! I have not done an accent nail in so long!!!!!!

    Oh..and the Essie color is Ruffles & Feathers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you know that I'm singing Enrique in my head, right? It was the soundtrack to your post. Haha! In addition to making me sing, that teal also made me smile. It's perfect for fall, while still being bright. And YES! Cookies and cream, for sure! Great. And now I'm hungry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    Cute nails! I love the sparkles too! Have a good night ;)


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!