Friday, September 19, 2014

Grey Nails with Sparkle Dust

Whooops, blogging has taken a backseat to getting my bedroom in order this week. Sawryyy.

It's been a month since I moved in, but the whole place is still a bit of a work in progress. Not only is my bedroom floor still sporting a thin layer of "random stuff" and lacking an actual bed frame for the mattress that's on the floor, but there's also no furniture in the living room or a dining room table (don't ask - I don't know why). The lack of a living room doesn't seem to bother my roommate, but personally I'm going to want to get to that sort of stuff sooner rather than later.

For now, I've already ordered a bed frame, which should be here in a week. Installing new curtain rods/curtains in my bedroom is also on the "next up" list, as well as putting up tonnns of pictures on my walls. In my unpacking, I discovered a stash of framed collages that I made over the last 6 years... and I'm thinking about trying to sell them. They're not all amazing, but several of them - UM - are. #DustsOffMyShoulders. Without any real sentimental attachment to them, there's no reason to hold onto them and let them collect dust, right? Right. So it's settled. I'm selling them.

Alright well enough of my rambling about the state of my bedroom. It's Nails Day!

Here's what I'm rocking this week:

Grey nails with a blue silver sparkle glitter accent nail, China Glaze Recycle

Yup, definitely lookin' like fall around these parts nails. The cloudy, breezy weather called for something cloudy on my nails, so I went with 2 coats of Recycle by China Glaze, and used 3 coats of Urban Outfitters' Dust as an accent nail.

Recycle by China Glaze, Dust by Urban Outfitters, nail polish

I did a whole post about Dust back when my blog first launched in the fall of 2012. You can go check that out here, especially if you love throwback nail polish blog posts featuring absolutely atrocious cuticles. Eek.

Recycle by China Glaze, Dust by Urban Outfitters as an accent nail polish


Tonight I've got a date with my cousin Catherine, who is going to come into the city to hit up a bar with me and shoot zee shit. Other than that, I don't have a single thing to do all weekend, except continue the work in my room. Eventually I'll post a bedroom tour here on the blog, because I'm pretty pleased with the way things are coming together.

What shenanigans will you be getting into this weekend?
Anyone else recently moved and trying to put their life bedroom back together?
What's on your nails? Share with me on Twitter or Instagram!

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN
{Linking with The Nail Files, Beauty Buzz, and Fab Favorites}

12 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate the initial "settling in" stage of moving. We've done it so much now that I sort of have a system, but it's still annoying. I am LOVING your nails! I think I'm in an "all things grey" mode lately. Loooooooove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready for fall and cooler weather! You are making me miss Boston and the changing leaves and the coffee shop in Newton I used to hang out in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the New England fall weather so much when I lived in Vancouver! It's my favorite place to be in the fall.

      Delete
  3. Nice! I love greys - one of my favorite colors! And the glitter is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh super cute !!! Gotta love that sparkle :)

    ~ Lu
    xx
    http://littlestepsbigheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple and easy! i actually have solid grey nails on too. i should glitter up my accent nail...
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    Great color! Love the sparkles too! Enjoy your evening;)


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...these gray nails look so pretty!!! I love the accent nail with all the glitters!!! Thanks for sharing with #BeautyBuzz.

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!