Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Exploring the Backyard

NOT TO BRAG OR ANYTHING, but my Labor Day weekend was almost certainly better than yours was. Sawry I'm not sawry. There was basically a 3-day celebration of love in the form of prepping for and participating in the wedding of two of the cutest cutie pies to ever exist, and I lost my voice somewhere in the celebrations. That's how gewd it was. Believe me when I say that there's going to be a massive recap of the whole thing here on my blog (and maybe by now you've noticed that when I say "massive recap" I freaking mean it). In the meantime, here is a less-wordy blog about something completely unrelated to marriage: a random backyard photography session.

When I was in Pittsfield a few weeks ago (before moving into my new apartment and before this all happened), it occurred to me that my hobby of walking around and snapping photos hadn't "developed" (see what I did there?) till long after moving out my parents' home. Thus, exploring my parents' backyard with a camera was something I'd never done before - probably ever. With nothing better to do and an expansive yard of a rural 3-acres calling my name, I grabbed my CyberShot and headed outside to see what caught my eye.

Japanese beetle on a flower

View of my parents' house in Pittsfield from the back hill

Purple clovers

A tree with no leaves

A tree with no leaves

This stuff was so springy beneath my feet... I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's not grass:

Springy green underfoot

Springy green underfoot

Springy green lawn beneath my feet

Springy green lawn beneath my feet

A feather on the lawn

Field of clovers

Yellow buttercup in a field of clovers

Purple flowers in the garden

Purple flowers in the garden

Don't ask me what the traffic cone is doing in this scene: 

Flower pots and an orange traffic cone

This little guy hangs out on the porch:

Flying pig lawn ornament

Flying pig lawn ornament

Well I hope you've enjoyed these peeks into the yard I played in for my entire childhood. Maybe some other time I'll take my camera beyond their yard and into the surrounding woods, which is where the real party is. And by "party" I mean "fort-making territory." One's childhood should also be full of lots of fort-making, I always say. Always.

Have you ever taken your camera back to your childhood home to capture it through your adult eyes? Don't you want to now??

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
Follow on Bloglovin
 
{Linking with Finding Beauty}

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the shots, andI love the piggy with wings!!!!
    You definitely did have a better weekend than I! Mine was spent writing a paper, but then I had a really fun time hanging out with friends talking smack and playing Taboo after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom loves that piggy! And there's really nothing like a good smack-talking session with friends haha. Taboo is SO much fun!

      Delete
  2. that 'grass'!!! i want to sink into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass around here is nottttttttttttthing like Vancouver grass - I'm remembering that now that I'm back.

      Delete
  3. Ahahah, yes. What you did there. I saw it. :) And your parents' backyard is cool! You took some lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!