Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sweat Round Up of the Week

This weekend has been a productive one! I went to a Vancouver blogger event (#blogvancity) yesterday in Burnaby, and I spent Friday night (and Saturday morning!) crafting my own aka Bailey "business cards" for the occasion. The event was incredibly beneficial for me - it was informative, allowed me to meet a ton of awesome ladies who are also blogging in Vancouver, and - as a fun bonus - I was showered with swag. I'll write a separate post about the event, where I'll show you my swag and my homemade biznassss cards.

On to my recent workouts, which are few. I only worked out twice this past week - eek! It was kind of a busy week but I know that's not really a great excuse. Shame on me.

Anyway, here's what I did manage to do at the gym:

9/8 (legs and core)
10 mins elliptical
20 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
20 squats, holding 30 lbs
- 10 Russian get ups, 5 lbs each hand
- 10 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs
30 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
30 side lunges + plyometric pushoff (each side)
30 cobras
30 heel presses on each leg

9/11 (upper body and core)
15 chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs
15 weighted v-sit twist, holding 12.5 lbs
15 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs
30 alternating shoulder raises on exercise ball, 5 lbs each hand
30 alternating medicine ball flys w/ 8 lb medicine ball
15 overhead press, 12.5 lbs each hand
40 weighted side bends, 12.5 lbs each hand
12 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs
1:20 plank
10 mins biking
Jay-Z Magna Carta Holy Grail

For workout music, I've been loving Jay-Z's new album, Magna Carta Holy Grail. I love when I can just put on an album and let it play all the way through while I'm working out. When my iPod is just on shuffle at the gym, sometimes a totally un-workout-like song can come on and throw off my groove. Adele is great and all, but when Don't You Remember comes on in the middle of my bicep curl, it doesn't exactly make me want to push harder. It makes me want to curl up with ice cream and some sweatpants.

Here are some other albums that I can listen to all the way through at the gym:

  • BlackRoc - BlakRoc
  • Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
  • Jay-Z - The Black Album

What is your current favorite workout song? Do you have an entire album that you like to listen to at the gym?

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin

{Linking up with Some Things I'm Loving}

3 comments:

  1. I've been listening to One Republic's latest album while working out. Soooo good. The blogger meetup sounds like so much fun! I'm always so glad I went to them afterwards :) So great meeting local bloggers! And danggg girl, get it with those awesome workouts!

    Thanks for linking up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urrrgh I really need to start working out again *sigh*. LOL it is early morning and I have been up for hours, and was typing :'I really nard to starp working out again' lmao!

    I found your blog on the blog hop, and am now following! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, I nard to starp things, like, all the time! Thanks for stopping by and following!!

      Delete

Leave me some love!