Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sweat Round Up of the Week

Oh hey, Sunday. Haven't seen you in a week or so.

I've been talking some serious smack to myself this week about my eating and workout habits. My weight is generally pretttty consistent - I've fluctuated within about a 7-lb range since about my senior year in high school. There's a pair of jeans that I wore my freshman year in college that still fit me now - it's sort of a personal achievement for me when I put them on and they still look fantastic on me. (Yeah I said it.)

However, when my weight starts to creep towards the higher end of that 7-lb range, I a) take notice and b) feel it. I can feel when I've been unhealthy because it makes me feel tired and soft in the middle. Plus... my jeans all start to feel tight and uncomfortable. And that, my friends, is always my wake up call. Because I have a ton of jeans in my current size (like I said, I've been about this size since college), and I am not about to replace them all with a new, larger size. Nooope.

So, after a good amount of smacking myself on the forehead and poking myself in my newly forming pudgy tummy, I have gone to the gym 3 times this week - and hope to go this afternoon as well. No promises there.

Here are my workouts this week:

9/15 (lower body and core)
aka Bailey, Post-workout picture5 mins elliptical
2x:
   - 20 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
   - 20 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs
   - 20 squats, holding 30 lbs
   - 30 lying overhead raise + double crunch, holding 5 lbs
   - 30 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
   - 30 weighted v-sit twist, holding 15 lbs
40 bridges
30 cobras

9/18 (upper body and core)
10 mins biking
12 overhead press, 12.5 lbs each hand
12 chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
12 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
20 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs
- 12 deltoid flys, 5 lbs
- 12 deltoid raises, 5 lbs
20 bent over rows, 12.5 lbs each hand

9/21 (cardio and a little upper, little lower)
30 mins biking
15 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
15 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
15 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs
20 bodyweight squats
20 bodyweight calf raises
20 side lunges + plyometric pushoff (each side)
20 bodyweight deadlifts

At the gym yesterday, the song "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by the Supremes came on over the gym's loudspeakers - which inspired me to start my workout with Mark Ronson's 2007 version of the song "Stop Me" because it includes lyrics from "You Keep Me Hangin' On." I made a Genius playlist off of Ronson's song and it was kind of a hit-or-miss for workout songs. I had to skip around a little bit, but some of the gems of the list (as far as "workout songs" go) were:
  • Stronger - Britney Spears
  • Gotta Get Through This - Daniel Bedingfield
  • Stylo - Gorillaz
What are your favorite online resources for finding new workouts and exercise ideas? You can click on most of the exercises above to see where I turn to for my fitness ideas, but I'm always looking for more!

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!