Thursday, November 7, 2013

New Favorite Eye Makeup Remover!

Confession, err'body:  I've never been a big fan of using eye makeup remover.

And by that I mean... I did not use it. Or own it. Or even look at it in the stores, really. It's supposedly awful practice, but I've always taken the more straight-forward and rough approach of using a wet washcloth in the shower to remove my mascara from my lashes. "Manually," if you will.  I'd grasp my lashes between my washcloth and basically pull on them from root to tip, removing mascara along the way. Pretty sure it's the best way to prematurely make your eyelids go bald, but WHO HAS TIME FOR REMOVING MAKEUP THE GROWN-UP WAY?

Well, apparently I do now.

I blame my new need for eye makeup remover on Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express mascara. Do you guys use this stuff? It's awesome - it really is... but good god it's difficult to remove! It acts like it's a waterproof mascara or something! (It isn't, I swear... I triple-checked.) So now that The Rocket is my everyday mascara and it refuses to just be muscled off, it's become time to re-evaluate my removal strategy. Maybe even actually use some of those eye makeup removers that I'd been gifted at the #blogvancity event back in September. (Read all about it here.)

So what did I discover?

Almay Longwear and Waterproof Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, favorite eye makeup remover

THIS STUFF RIGHT HERE: 

Almay Longwear Waterproof Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
.  and yeah, there's french all over it.  welcome to canada, y'all!  .



It's the Almay Longwear & Waterproof Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, and I was generously given a full-sized, 4-oz bottle of it in my #swagvancity #blogvancity gift bag. It is oil-based (which I know some people don't like), so you do have to gently shake it before each use to mix it all up. You can see in the pictures above that the oil separates and sits on top when the bottle has been left sitting.

In the month following #blogvancity, I tried out this product a couple of times... but since I wasn't in the habit of regularly using eye makeup remover, it didn't really catch on with me at first. However, the more I realized that The Rocket is seriously a biatch, the more I warmed up to the idea of using something gentler to remove it. Beauty requires some sacrifices, you know. Like giving up a long-standing practice of abusing your poor eye lashes with a washcloth.

I'm happy to report that, while it's still not a daily habit, I've started using this eye makeup remover a lot more lately. It's really gentle, just like the package says. After applying some of the product to a cotton pad (enough to soak the cotton pad through slightly), I just place the pad over my closed lid and move it in small circles over my lashes. And guess what? The Rocket slides right off! NOT SO HOT NOW, EH ROCKET? #TakeThat! (#ReallyGently!!)

Have you used this particular eye makeup remover before? I've tried a few brands, but this one is definitely my favorite so far. I'm going through this bottle pretty quickly though, so if there's a holy grail of eye makeup remover that you think I ought to know about, tell me in a comment!

I received this product fo' free in a gift bag from a blogger event, 
but all opinions are MINE! ALL MIIIIINE!!!!! MUAHAHAAHAH!

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I recently purchased the Almay eye makeup remover, the non-oily one. I have a couple eye makeup removers in my arsenal, but I would have to say that the Almay Oil Free Gentle eye makeup remover is not one that I would purchase again. It's not gentle- haha. It burns my eyes, and I find myself rewashing my face after I use it, to make sure all of the product is off. I didn't go for the oil one, because I already have three other oil makeup removers for when I wear the heavy duty mascara. My go-to is always Clinique, linked here: http://www.clinique.com/product/1683/5864/Skincare/Eye_Lips/Rinse-Off-Eye-Makeup-Solvent/index.tmpl
    No oil, no burn, and the eye make up comes off straight away. Though, for the heavy duty mascara days, I do use Clinique oil one. I'm also a big fan of makeup wipes! My most favorite ones ever, I found at the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm glad you like the product! I really hate using makeup remover too, although I seem to have no problem going through the other multitudes of steps in my beauty routine! I'd recommend trying the Almay Makeup Remover pads too, they work really well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's continued to be great for me - I've repurchased it multiple times at this point :)

      Delete
  4. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style!
    Eye Makeup Remover
    Eyebrow Pencil https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!