Friday, November 1, 2013

Neon Jeans, Neon Nails

What? You don't have a bright neon yellow pair of jeans? I DO.

Last year Dave and I went to a Thrift Shop Party - a party where all the attendees were to show up wearing their most ridiculous thrift shop finds. At my local Salvation Army I happened to have found a pair of neon yellow H&M jeans that still had their original tags on them. Check out my thrift shop outfit from the party last year:
Neon yellow jeans, neon blue argyle sweater
.  you want my neon argyle  .
.  but you can't have it  .
Yesterday was Halloween, as you know, and I had tentative plans with Dave to head out to a Halloween party. But just my luck, I woke up with a stomach ache that lingered for most of the day and even though dressing up and attending a costume party is on my Fall To-Do List, we ended up skipping this particular party. Had we gone, I would have dressed up in all neon, head-to-toe.  (You can see my neon costume from Halloween 2011 here.)  In addition to my neon yellow jeans, I have a fabulous neon pink shirt that I was planning on wearing.

Why am I telling you about what I didn't end up wearing last night? Because I painted my nails yesterday afternoon, just in case we did go to the party. So there's some serious neon on my nails right now. THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN. Because you're here for nails, right?

Neon nails, multi-colored, Orly Glowstick
.  bam  .




Have you ever seen Orly's Glowstick polish?? I've been enthralled by the idea of owning it for a couple of years now. I thought that my inexpensive Claire's brand of neon yellow nail polish was sufficing, but now that I've tried Glowstick, the Claire's neon might as well go into the garbage.  Glowstick is sooo much more pigmented, and I almost didn't even need a second coat to be opaque over a white base.  But I gave it one anyway :)

Neon nails, multi-colored, Orly Glowstick, Nail Polish
First I applied a base coat and a single coat of a white polish to all of my nails. The white base is a must when you are using neons - it makes the colors pop like whoa! For my left hand, I used Glowstick on my pointer, middle and pinky nails. On my thumb I used two coats of Orly's Truly Tangerine, and on my ring finger I used two coats of Love & Beauty's neon green.

Neon nail polish, neon yellow, neon green, neon orange

Sidebar:  Don't mind my wonky middle finger nail in the above pics. When I file my nails squarely, the corners always weaken first and snap off at an angle like that. It's especially dreadful when it happens the day before my weekly nail polish post. Womp womp.

On my right hand, I switched things up a bit and used the Truly Tangerine on my pinky, middle and pointer; Glowstick on my ring finger; and neon green on my thumb. Truly Tangerine is seriously bright, isn't it? It's like traffic-cone bright.

Neon orange nails, neon yellow, neon green accents, nail polish


And OH yeah - here are my neon nails posing with their neon jeans! 
Damn ladies!! Looking fresh 'n poppin!

















I'm not ruling out the possibility of something Halloween-related happening this weekend, so there's still potential for the entire neon outfit to come together somewhere, somehow. Whatever happens, my neon nails will be ready.

Did you dress up and get buckwild last night? Tweet me your costume pics @akaBailey!

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin
{Linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites, The Nail Files
Halloween Link-Up, and What I'm Loving Fridays

24 comments:

  1. Haha love the thrift shop outfit, you're rocking those neon jeans! Love the cute nails too :)
    Thanks for linking up! :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are some bright pants! haha I'm dying to have some colorful pants, but I'm thinking purple or pink? haha Love the nails too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pants are so bright I've gotta wear shaaaades! Honestly I've never worn these pants out of the house casually - I've only worn them for costume parties haha. I'm not sure I could pull them off otherwise ;)

      Delete
    2. Aw you should! haha I bet it'd be great! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the neon nails! So fun!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it - I feel like I'm at a rave party when I look down at my hands!

      Delete
  4. Wow. I feel like I just stared at the sun. I think it must be impossible to be sad with that much neon happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE! And like Beth, I think I see spots! Haha! Glowstick is AMAZING!!! I love it!! Definitely a colour that needs a white base to really POP! I have all of the China Glaze neons, myself (who's surprised? haha) and it always makes me a wee bit sad when summer's over because I don't wear them as much. Note that I wrote "not as much" because, let's be real, there's no way I can go 5+ months without breaking them out. Haha!!

    Also, I want to steal your sweater so it's a good thing you're in BC. Ha!

    I hope that you get to do a little Halloweeny-ish something this weekend but if not, don't worry, you can just go twice as hard next year (YAY!). Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh-magosh! Where did you buy the Orly? I need that yellow in my life! (Also, what were you going to be? A glow stick?)

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really bright, but I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely super bright - not for wearing when you're trying to put an infant to bed, for example.

      Delete
  8. I love neon yellow! That sounds like such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the neon look! Yellow looks really awful on my skin tone, but the green and orange I would certainly do both in nails and jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it looks too terribly flattering against my skin tone either haha but I can't let that stop me from rocking the neons!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Then you've definitely got to get ahold of Glowstick, if you don't already own it. It's like the holy grail of neon polishes!

      Delete
  11. I love obnoxiously colored neon clothes - and I mean that as a compliment. I'm wearing neon pink sweats today and they are pain-inducingly bright :P Your nails are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect match with Neon Jeans, Neon Nails. I've seen many ladies wearing the Neon Jeans. I always thought it was an attempt to keep guys from checking them out. You learn something new every day. Visit Red Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep guys from checking them out??? Haha more like AIMING A DIRECT SPOTLIGHT onto their bodies and saying, "LOOK AT MEEEEE!" That's why it's so hard for me to wear these in public haha!! I'm not trying to get any strange looks ;)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

Leave me some love!