Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Workouts of the Week + Pre-Trip Things

This weekend is flying by, for no good reason. Thank god I have tomorrow off of work and can relax an extra day. Speaking of relaxing, here's how I've been doing the opposite of that at the gym this week:

5/18 (upper body)
5 mins elliptical
1 min jumping jacks
15 chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 deltoid flys, 8 lbs each hand
15 bent over rows each arm, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 overhead press, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 deltoid raises, 8 lbs each hand
15 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 upright row + tricep extension, 5 lbs each hand
13 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
13 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
13 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

5/19 (core)
10 mins biking
40 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
40 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs
40 crunches on exercise ball, holding 15 lbs
40 cobras
10 mins elliptical

5/21 (lower body)
3:10 jumping jacks
40 split lunges each leg, 5 lbs each hand
15 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
40 single leg bridges, each leg
60 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
15 squats, holding 30 lbs
40 side lunges + plyometric push offs (20 holding 5 lbs in front, 20 without), each side
60 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
40 diamond clamshells each leg
12 sumo squats, holding 15 lbs
12 sumo squats, holding 20 lbs
12 sumo squats, holding 25 lbs
60 bridges from tip toes

5/22 (cardio)
10 mins biking (2.2 miles)
10 mins elliptical (1 mile)

5/24 (upper body)
10 bent over rows each arm, 20 lbs each hand x 3
10 chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand x 3
10 deltoid flys, 7.5 lbs each hand x 3
10 overhead press, 12.5 lbs each hand x 2 (+1 set with 7.5 lbs)
20 alternating chest flys w/ 8 lb medicine ball x 3
10 deltoid raises, 7.5 lbs each hand x 3
10 tricep extensions on exercise ball, 7.5 lbs each hand x 3
10 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
10 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
10 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

After my workout yesterday afternoon, I headed back out again with David for a 5-mile walk along the Seawall. This past week has been a rainy one but the sun was shining through a bit yesterday so we wanted to take advantage of it. By the end of the walk, my feet were so sore that all I wanted to do was sit for the rest of the night.

I've also been starting to think about my packing list for the 2-week trip to Massachusetts I have planned in June. My friend Kimbo is getting married to her long-time boo, and there's also a bachelorette party for my good friend Abigail (whose wedding I get to be in later this summer - also in Massachusetts). (Yes, I get to go home twice this summer!) With the variety of activities planned for the 2+ weeks that I'll be in that corner of the country, coupled with the insane and oft-changing weather in New England, figuring out how to pack in an intelligent and efficient manner is going to be tough. 

On a related note, narrowing down an outfit for the wedding is always a fun challenge, right?! I have 4 different options right now - all of which were already in my closet (hoozah!) - but I am thisclose to choosing one for sho. I posted two of the options on Instagram and people seemed to like the blue/white one on the left...


... but, as my comments on the photo imply, that one is a bit on the short side. Wearing it to a wedding might be a recipe for needing to tug down my skirt all damn night. #NahtFun.

Regardless of the dress that's decided upon, I'll be wearing it with some brand new white wedges that I just picked up in downtown Vancouver last weekend from a store called Call It Spring. One of my Vancouver blogging buddies, Sheila, suggested that white wedges will go with everything in the summer, so I took her advice and tracked down a pair that is surprisingly comfortable:
Call It Spring Esmonda white wedges

Cuuuuuuuute right? I've worn them a couple times around the house to try to break them in, but they don't seem to need it.  They really are comfy.

I thiiiiink David and I are going to go hiking today, just to get some exercise. It's not shaping up to be a very nice day, but it's been a month or so since I've been up a mountain, so why not?

I hope you're all enjoying your Memorial Day weekend! Is anyone picnicking today?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I should not have read this post just after eating dinner, now I feel so fat haha. Are you from Massachusetts originally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wedges are cute!
    And you're killing it with these workouts! Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your look for the wedding is going to be super cute. By the way, stealing your core body workout again today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to get dressed up with my friends and celebrate :) And GET IT GIRL! Steal those workouts! I am sore right now from the 5/24 arm workout I did.

      Delete
  4. How was your hike yesterday? I am going in the morning tomorrow. Chance of rain, but I am pushing through anyway. It's bee 2 weeks so I need to get my booty on the mountain. I am glad you chose the blue and white dress, it is SOOO cute!!! You're going to look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!