This is just a fun way to give a "Get it, girl!" to other bloggers, and learn more about each other in the process.
Here are the rules:
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Answer the 11 questions that Britt posed for her nominees
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Write 11 new questions for those bloggers
It is becoming increasingly difficult to come up with random facts about myself, having already completed a 50 Random Facts About Me blog, a 13 Questions blog, and an additional 30 Random Things About Me blog. But certainly I am interesting enough to have 11 more things to say about myself, so I'M NOT SCURRED. Here we go!
11 random facts about me:
1. I'll be turning 30 in November of this year. EEK.
2. I used to love listening to my parents' CDs when I was younger. Whattup Prince, Pure Disco, Gloria Estefan, Rod Stewart and Garth Brooks?!
3. My BABY SISTER just graduated from college last weekend. Yeah, the baby sister who I still remember being brought home from the hospital as a newborn in 1992. Oy vey. (Congrats Markie!)
4. I was such a fan of funneling beer in college that a friend of mine actually made me a homemade beer funnel for my birthday one year. As a bonus, it was also filled with Hershey Kisses at the time of the gifting. (Thanks Matt!) Fun side fact: I only funneled beers because I HATED (and continue to hate) the taste of beer.
5. I absolutely love love love old Disney movies. I will almost always be down to watch one with you, if you're interested.
6. My CD collection is alphabetized. And yes, I still have a CD collection.
7. Vancouver is the best place I have ever lived, and if it wasn't so far away from my family and friends, I might want to live here forever.
8. I like to sing and rap along to whatever is playing in my headphones while I'm walking along the streets. Sorry I'm not sorry. It's for me, not for you.
9. There was a brief month or two while I was in college that I was SERIOUSLY considering getting one of my nipples pierced. My mother nervously (and wisely) told me that I should think about it for 30 more days and then if I still really wanted to get it done, then I should. Luckily for me, the phase passed. Turns out I was just depressed! Hahahasobsobsob.
10. At one point or another, I've shared a bedroom with each of my 3 siblings.
11. This is my 305th blog post on aka Bailey. What do I win?
Here are Britt's 11 questions answered:
1. Skinny jeans or Palazzo pants?
Well I don't know what palazzo pants are, so I'm going to have to go with skinny jeans!
2. One color that completely sums up your personality and why?
I would say blue, because as vibrant and cheery as it can be, it can also be melancholy at times.
3. Yoga/Pilates or Zumba?
Hmmm this one is tough because I don't actually do any of these types of exercises. There's something strong and sexy about yoga and Pilates, but dancing is so freaking fun. Surely there's a Zumbalates class out there just for me, somewhere? What I REALLY need/want to get into is a Hip Hop Dance exercise class. That would be right up my alley... unless they weren't playing good hip hop. Then I'd need to take over the DJ booth and focus more on fixing their music situation than on dancing and sweating. I've digressed.
4. Favorite author/book?
I don't have a favorite author, but I absolutely have a favorite book. It's called It's Easier Than You Think: The Buddhist Way to Happiness by Sylvia Boorstein, and it was passed along to me by the mother of one of my ex-boyfriend's over 10 years ago. I've mentioned this book on my blog a couple times before, and it's always the first book I recommend when someone asks me for a book recommendation. If you're in need of a new perspective on life, or are stuck in a rut of any sort, this VERY easy-to-read book may be a game-changer. It helped me to change the way I think about things, which is a very difficult thing to change about a person. This book is also not as cheesy as books like The Secret (which I also own, not judging).
5. Early riser or night owl?
Definitely early riser. I work from home 7:00AM-3:00PM each day, so I've GOT to be alert at that hour. On the weekend mornings, I often spend 2 or 3 hours putzing around the dark and quiet apartment by myself before David (or seemingly the rest of my apartment building) gets up. I like it; it's quiet time. You can also catch me yawning by 10pm every night, and I'd always rather be snuggling on the couch than yelling over people at a bar on a weekend evening.
6. Favorite homemade meal?
Nothing stood out to me as the "right" answer to this question. Eggs and bacon maybe?
7. Control freak or controlled chaos?
Oh god, out of these two choices I'd definitely say control freak. I have a tendency to become very anxious when things are chaotic, making me more likely to spend the time being very alert to - and trying to avoid - potential disasters, big and small. I try to think a few steps ahead of everything that's going on, and try to anticipate issues before they arise. Super fun, right? Hang out with me.
8. Favorite bin on your board?
Ooh, I like this question! Excuse me while I go find out the answer......
.... Ok, HERE is the winner, which for some reason I can't figure out how to embed here in my blog. What happened to that easy "embed" function in Pinterest?? Help me.
9. Best piece of advice you've ever received?
There are way more people in the world who like me than who don't like me, so I should focus on all the good ones and not give a shit about the others. This was a helpful thing to hear at age 17, when there was definitely WAY too much "giving a shit what people think about me" going on.
10. Favorite drink at the bar?
To avoid hangovers caused by sugary, calorie-heavy alcoholic beverages, I stick to plain vodka with soda water and a lime/lemon wedge. Also... Shirley Temples. Yes, virgin Shirley Temples. #NoShame.
11. Tupperware or mason jars?
I use both for food storage, but I suppose Tupperware is the most common go-to.
Here are the 11 bloggers I'm nominating for the Sunshine Award:
Joey at HodgesPodges
Jenn at A Beautiful Zen
Emily at Osborne ...My Life In Words
Katie at Katie Did What
Jordana at Just J
Liz at Fitness Blondie
Elena at DC In Style
Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy
Kilee at One Little Momma
And here are my 11 questions for you ladies!
1. Ice cream, frozen yogurt or gelato?
2. What's your favorite Disney movie, animated or otherwise?
3. Do you cheer for a sports team, and if so how did you pick that team?
4. What's your favorite album?
5. Are you good or bad at keeping plants alive?
6. If you had one, when did you get rid of your Christmas tree this past holiday season?
7. What are you most looking forward to doing this summer?
8. Who's your daddy?
9. What is the most-played song in your iTunes account right now?
10. What was your favorite Halloween costume that you've ever worn?
11. Where is your ideal vacation, whether you've been there before or not?
Thanks again to Britt for nominating me for this fun Sunshine Blogger Award!
Do we have anything in common, from the 11 facts I shared above?