Friday, March 6, 2015

Mint with Envy Nails

It didn't occur to me until I was neck-deep in this mani that St. Patrick's Day is approaching and that I should have maybe waited a week or two to post an all-green nail polish look. But... calendars be damned, AMIRIGHT?!
Green nails with a minty silver accent nail

With two coats of Envy by Sinful Colors on all nails but my ring fingernails, I set about using a pale, sparkly sage-mint polish for an accent nail. Upon realizing that the mint (Green Tea by LA Colors) was about as sheer as the day is long, I had to make a tweak to save my sanity. Applying 45 coats to reach opacity is simply out of the question for me, personally. Do what you will with your own time!

Nail polish look - green nails with a mint silver accent nail

So instead, I used Beware by Pure Ice for a base polish - the best damn silver glitter polish there is. It's opaque enough after one coat, but you can work it up with another coat if you'd like. For this, I used one coat of Beware and then topped it with 2 coats of Green Tea. The effect was a cool minty-silver glitter... as you might have expected.

Sinful Colors Envy, LA Colors Green Tea, nail polish
Sinful Colors Envy, LA Colors Green Tea, nail polish, silver glitter accent 

Tonight I have a sushi date at Sei Bar in Medford with my friend Steph and her friend Cris. The three of us have been doing a monthly sushi date together for the last few months, with each of us taking turns treating the others. Tonight is my turn! Sei Bar has some incredible sushi, so it's really a win-win of food and friends. We're actually planning on taking our order to-go this time, to bring it back to Cris' house for some more comfortable dining and chatting. Steph is even bringing along her adorable French bulldog puppy, Gertrude. (Who, by the way, has her own Instagram account - @omg_gertrude.)

Other than that, I have no real obligations or plans this weekend. Loosely on my to-do list is to clean my bathroom and then take a luxurious bubble bath, but maybe I'll also do something spontaneous like take a little day trip somewhere around New England.

What are you up to this weekend?
Tell me your go-to sushi order!
Whatcha rockin' on your nailseses?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN
 
{Linking with Friday's Fab Favorites and The Nail Files}

10 comments:

  1. Your nails are seriously like perfect. Ever time. Mine, I color outside of the lines :-) until I wash them and it gets back in line. I gots my OPI Wondrous Star on today. And your sushi date sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken so much practice to polish in the lines haha! I don't own Wondrous Star, but I just Googled it and it looks awesome!

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful! And green is a great color all the time. haha ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that would be great for St. Patrick's Day. I was just trying to figure out when I will do my St Patrick's day mani.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any plans for a Patty's Party next weekend? I will have to find something fun to do!

      Delete
  4. LOVE this onslaught of manis. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so glitter, it's breaking the focus! :D
    Hey, it's Spring (or near enough), wear green all month long! I really need to check out Beware (or any Pure Ice color, really). I'm frustrated enough having to do 3 coats of anything- sheers are just maddening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha!! Way to save your sanity!! I hate polishes like that. Loving this deeper green. Super rich. And the sparkly feature finger is awesome! It's the start of spring skiing, so I'm hoping this weekend will be warm enough to sit on the deck. I'm over not being able to hang outside. COME ON, SPRING. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!