Thursday, December 13, 2012

Even Mooore Holiday Nails: A Little Santa Suit

Here's a new holiday nail polish look to try out if you're feeling feisty and festive at the same time:

.  ho ho ho bitchessss  .
It's a tiny little Santa suit! Mind you, it's only tiny because I have itty bitty hands/fingernails... yours may be a taller, more slender Santa than mine.

Yesterday YouTuber cutepolish uploaded this adorbs nail polish design to her channel, Santa & Elf Suit Nails:


If you don't feel like watching the video (shame on you), she painted a red Santa suit on each of her ring fingers, and green elf suits on all her other nails. I had a feeling I should take it down a notch on my own nails, and not press my luck by trying to make 10 tiny suits. There's only so far I can realistically get without a bird pooping on my fingers, after all. So for my version, I stuck with just one Santa suit on each hand and left the rest green.

Recreating this is relatively easy, as you probably already noticed if you watched the cutepolish video. But here's the run down anyway - sorry it's not a step-by-step via picture!

1. Paint your ring fingers 2 coats of a red polish - I used A List by Essie.
2. Paint a vertical white line down the center of the nail, and then a horizontal white line across the tip of your nail. This is your little guy's fur trim, because he's fancy. I used Snow Me White by Sinful Colors.
3. Use a striper or a toothpick dipped in black polish (I used the latter) to paint on his black belt (hi-yah!).
4. Use a toothpick dipped in gold polish to make the square buckle in the center. Me fav gold polish is Big Spender by Nina Ultra Pro.
5. Paint the rest of your nails 2 coats of a Christmassy green (I used Posh by Revlon).

And hooty hooo!!

:)
On that note, here are a few Christmas songs to wet your holiday and boy band whistles at the same time:


Fuck One Direction. Justin's cozy cashmere v-neck is all we really need for the holidays. Also this:



And this:


I hope I've put at least one of those songs into your head now. Enjoy that for the next day and a half!

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin

{Linking up with All Things Christmas}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!