Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Few Good (Food) Things

While making dinner the other night, Dave cracked an egg into the pan and it was a double-yolk. Pretty cool. Then he cracked another egg into the pan and it, too, was a double-yolk. I thought that was photo-worthy...

2 eggs, double yolks
Then we almost yelped when this happened:

3 eggs, double yolks
.  WHAT DO WE WIN???  .

Grilled cheese sandwiches are WAY better with homemade pesto (left) and mashed avocado (right). Do it:

toast with pesto, toast with mashed avocado




Because I needed to hit a $5 minimum to make a purchase with my debit card a few days ago, I snagged this tea, which has ended up being soooo good - Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile:

Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea, Celestial Seasonings




What is tickling your fancy this week?


Tonight I'm taking a bus from Vancouver to Seattle, and tomorrow morning I'll fly out of SeaTac to head back to Massachusetts for a 3-week visit. I'm thrilled to see my family, plusss one of my best friends is getting married so there's going to be a massive friend reunion in my near future. I haven't been back east since February, so I can't wait to squeeze EVERYONE. Hopefully lots of family and friends pictures/stories to come!

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin

{Linking up at Katie Did What?}

6 comments:

  1. Happy vacation!! So glad you're going home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win the prize!! 3 double yolk eggs?! It's unheard of. Lucky people. You must be living right, haha!!:) I must try the mashed avocado on grilled cheese. Sounds so delish!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have FREAKED if I'd cracked 3 eggs in a row with double yolks! So awesome. Love your cute blog!
    www.graceelizabethcollins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun... never seen that before! BTW... those sandwiches look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the eggs!! That is so cool. I think that has happened to me mayyybe once. Ever. And here you are with three in one sitting! Amazing! I will have to try avocado on a grilled cheese- don't know why I haven't before, but avocado makes EVERYTHING better, so I can only imagine how delicious that is!

    Thanks for linking up with me Bailey :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so crazy!! I've never seen anything like that before! And I'm totally going to try adding avocado to my grilled cheese. Mmmm!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!