Thursday, July 4, 2013

Patriotic Leopard Print Nails

Happy Independence Day!!!  Whoop whooooooop!

I wanted to do something non-traditional for my July 4th nails, so I played around with a few ideas before settling on leopard print in red, white and blue.

Leopard print nails

I used Ruby Ruby and Snow Me White by Sinful Colors, as well as a generic Navy polish from Forever21's Love & Beauty line. Ruby Ruby is seriously the perfect bright red polish and it applies perfectly. It does take about 3 coats for opacity though.

red white and blue nail polish

I was going to try to add white stripes to my "plain red" nails using a "French tips sticker set" that I just recently picked up from the Essence brand, butttttt unfortunately those stickers really sucked and left an ugly sticky residue on my nails when I peeled them up. Not a good look.

patriotic leopard print nails


red white and blue leopard print nails
What do you think of the red, white and blue leopard print nails? What are you rocking on your nails today?

Also, #freedom:

bald eagle in vancouver


Facebook.com/akaBaileyBlog
Twitter.com/akaBailey

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with Tucker Up and The Nail Files.

12 comments:

  1. Cute! The strips would have been cute too - too bad the strips sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek!!! These are fab! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic! And, an eagle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a ton of bald eagles around Vancouver! I love keeping my eyes peeled for them :)

      Delete
  4. This is so awesome! Love what you did here!!
    -Carylee
    Morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I never do my nails....but I should. They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing!! This is why I leave the nail art to you:) I love how cute and different these are! I have that exact blue, love it!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo I like the twist on the classic red, white and blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am SO doing this next year :) LOVE it. It's so creative and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice nails.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!