Monday, July 15, 2013

Tasty Way to Eat Greek Yogurt

Since you're on the internet right now, I'm going to go ahead and assume you haven't had your head beneath a rock for the last few years - so you're familzzz with Greek yogurt. If you don't know what it is, it's yogurt on steroids. It provides more protein and generally less sugar than regular yogurts and is also a great calcium source. #MyBig(Low)FatGreekYogurt

Well anycrap, I bought some Greek yogurt for a healthy recipe (coming soon), but the market I was at was only selling containers in size Enormous. Basically I found myself with a ton of Greek yogurt and thus had plenty of time to figure out different tasty things to eat with it.

So far my favorite way to eat Greek yogurt is with fresh strawberries and torn mint leaves:

Greek yogurt, mint and strawberries





The yogurt is so thick and creamy that this dish really feels more like a dessert than a snack. Mint, as far as I'm concerned, should be approached with wild abandon or not approached at all... so don't be shy about really dumping a ton of that in there. The minty sweetness balances out the slight tartness of the yogurt.

The brand of Greek yogurt I bought was Olympic Krema Thick and Rich Yogurt Greek Style - and honesty because it was so thick and creamy it probably was a little higher in sugar than the healthiest version of Greek yogurt you'll find. But damn was it good.

Greek yogurt also makes a healthier substitute for sour cream, so while trying to finish this container of yogurt we also plopped some of it onto our tacos. #DontBeScurred

Do you eat Greek yogurt? What's your favorite way to serve it?

Stay tuned for a recipe that features more of it - the reason I bought the container of yogurt in the first place!

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I am digging this! I eat the greek yo every morning with fresh fruit cut up, but would never think of the mint option.

    If you're in the mood for a crunch, Go Lean crunch is extra tasty too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I kind of have been living under a rock, because I still haven't tried greek yougurt. I love the idea of mint leaves in the mix.
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try!! Let me know if you like it. There are tons of other uses for Greek yogurt - give it a Google! :)

      Delete
  3. That looks SO good! My Hubs wouldn't eat it though. He's scared of green food and the term "low-fat" hahaha!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea! We are growing mint in our garden and I am always looking for new ways to eat it. As for Greek yogurt, we like to use it in smoothies. Lots & lots of smoothies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, smoothies with Greek yogurt sound deliciously thick and creamy. Good idea!

      Delete
  5. i have to try this!

    xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!