Friday, July 12, 2013

Turquoise & Navy Nails with Polka Dots

Today's mani was another nail look inspired by a fashion blogger! If you follow me on Pinterest (which you certainly don't have to... I'm not doing anything too terribly interesting over there) you may have noticed that my Nail Polish board has the occasional fashion blogger's outfit thrown into the mix. That's because the contents of my nail polish box are way cooler than the contents of my closet, so it's often easier for me to wear cool "outfits" on my nails than it is for me to wear them on my bodaayyyyy.

HERE IS WHAT I MEAN.

Exhibit A: The Outfit I Pinned

Haylee over at Threaded is wearing this in her blog's profile picture:

navy blue top w/ polka dots, minty skirt
.  photo from hayleeatkinson.blogspot.com  .
And I was all... Oh heeeeey, I like what you've done there with ya polka dots 'n ya navy 'n ya minty pleats! I'ma put that all over my naaaaails!

SO I DID.

Exhibit B: My naaaaails bitchessss!


turquoise and navy nail polish, white polka dots


turquoise nails, navy and polka dots accent nail

navy polka dot accent nail

essie turquoise and caicos, navy accent nail

turquoise and caicos, navy polka dot accent nail
navy polka dot accent nails
I'm not even wearing a topcoat in these pictures but the polish is so shiny that I couldn't avoid the glares!

I used a navy Love & Beauty polish, Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, and Sinful Colors' Snow Me White:

essie turquoise & caicos, snow me white, navy polish


Check out some of my other nail polish looks that were inspired by outfits:

Mint and Neon Nails
Emerald & Mint Nails
Chambray & Polka Dot Nails w/ a Bow Accent

Facebook.com/akaBaileyBlog
Twitter.com/akaBailey

Follow on Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE these nails bailey. Your dots are PERFECT too! Cuuuuute

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nail polish is so adorable!!! And love your outfit! Works perfectly together!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for the nail compliment but that is not a picture of me!

      Delete
  3. Cute nails!

    http://www.sincerelyval.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I'm so jealous of your hiking photos - I used to rock climb and miss the mountains so much! Where you live looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can live vicariously through me!! I never would have thought I'd be living in Canada, but here I am and I'm nottttt mad about it ;) Vancouver has it all - mountains, beaches, the city life... <3 it! I've got more hiking photos to come, plus I'm going on a massive hiking/camping trip this weekend so I'll def take lots of pics there!

      Delete
  5. Love mint and navy (and polka dots too)...so this is pretty much perfect!

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bailey - Ok, let me in on your secret to the perfect dots!! I love the color combo!! It's a really great pairing! :)
    Have a fun camping trip, looking forward to pics!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I use a dotting tool, but I think it also helped that this was a very fresh bottle of white polish - so it wasn't sticky or gloopy. The dots don't always come out this perfectly, I have to be honest ;)

      Delete
  7. I.Love.This. IlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethis!!! Amazing interpretation of your inspiration!! I'm soo cheap but I seriously just need to get my act together and get a bottle of Turquoise and Caicos. Every time I see it on someone, I'm all: THAT IS SO PRETTY but it's just so expensive for so little! Yeah, I know, I'm kind of ridiculous. Ha! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bailey I love this so much!! I'm so in love with the colors and I'm also SO impressed with your polka-dot making skills. Seriously they look so professionally done! so cute and I'm also so flattered that you used me as inspiration in the first place. Thanks so much Bailey!! Really this completely made my day, thanks so much cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great color combo!


    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that is way too cute! I love how you take inspiration from outfits. The navy looks so adorable and unexpected with the mint. And I'm a sucker for polka dots. Following you with Bloglovin'!

    May the Force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got the turquoise and caicos on my nails right now...but no cute polka dots. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this mani! And your sweet blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome post I ever find that relates with my information .I really like it the most. You have really done great job by sharing the beautiful post. Thanks lot for the informative post. Learn to read more about Nail polish boxes

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!