Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sweat Roundup of the Week

You may have noticed I stopped posting my weekly workouts in early July. That's because I more or less stopped working out for the last month and a half. Who does that? Who works out consistently until bikini season and then decides it's a good time to stop? #Backwards.

Add in my 3-week trip back to Massachusetts in (July 25-Aug 13), when I became a complete sloth, and I've been a Lazy Lucy for nearly the entire summer. Ugh. And I feel gross. I can feel my muscles disintegrating, which has been a real wake-up call for me that I need to maintain my workout routine if I want my hard-fought-for muscles to stick around. Muscles really can weaken quite quickly if you don't exercise them. #YOUMEANIHAVETOWORKOUTFOREVER??????? #FAHK.

So before my muscles deteriorate any further, I'm going to try to get back into a workout routine of some sort. Here's what I've been up to the last week:

8/17 (upper body and core)
20 mins biking
12 overhead press, 10 lbs 
12 bent over rows, 10 lbs
12 deltoid fly, 7.5 lbs
12 tricep kickbacks, 7.5 lbs
30 weighted v-sit twist, holding 10 lbs
1:00 plank
:30 plank
20 deadlifts, 10 lbs each hand
suitcase deadlifts, 20 each side, holding 10 lb dumbbell

8/18
6.6 mile walk to/from Spanish Banks in Vancouver

8/19 (lower body and core)
15 mins bicycle 
split squats, 12 each leg, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 dynamic side planks each side
20 heel presses on each leg
20 squats, holding 20 lbs
10 Russian get ups, 5 lbs each hand
20 side lunges + plyometric pushoff (each side)
30 weighted crunches on exercise ball, holding 12.5 lbs
30 calf raises, 12.5 lbs each side
30 cobras
12 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs
1:35 plank
5 mins elliptical

8/20
6.6 mile walk/run through downtown Vancouver

8/22 (upper body and core)
5 mins elliptical
12 chest press on exercise ball, 15 lbs each hand
12 bent over rows, 15 lbs each hand
15 Russian get ups, 5 lbs each hand
2x:
   - 10 deltoid fly, 5 lbs each hand
   - 10 deltoid raises, 5 lbs each hand
12 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 10 lbs each hand
10 alternating medicine ball flys, 10 lbs medicine ball
30 cobras
12 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs

8/23

5 mile walk along Sunset Beach and into downtown Vancouver

As you can see, #bitchesbewalkin this week. The Seaside Bike Path is the place to be, y'all, so if you come to Vancouver you better bring your walking shoes... or your bike, I suppose. 

Today I'll finally be breaking in my new-to-me rock-climbing shoes and trying my hand at rock-climbing. We'll be heading north of Vancouver to Squamish, where I've gone before to hike the Stawamas Chief. Squamish is quite renowned for its rock climbing - though we won't be doing anything extreme, obviously, since I am still a total newbie. Hopefully my freshly weakened muscles will hold up while I'm climbing. Wish me luck!

Do you like going for long walks too? Do you live in a walk-friendly place? Have you ever tried rock climbing?

OH and for GOD'S SAKE please do not miss this tonight. You'll be kicking yourself for the next 15 years if you do.

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!